[T17] Tier Bonus Thread

Discussion in 'Theorycraft' started by Canibehealz, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Canibehealz

Canibehealz Founder

Achievements:
    Here is where you list your tier bonuses and supporting results to value them so we can create a list.

2p17
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=165576
    "You have a chance when you cast Chain Heal to cast a second Chain Heal at one of the targets healed."

4p17
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=167702
    "When you gain Tidal Waves, you have a 8% chance to reduce the mana cost of Chain Heal by 75% for 10 sec."

Tidal Waves
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=51564/
    "When you cast Chain Heal or Riptide, you gain the Tidal Waves effect, which reduces the cast time of your next Healing Wave by 20% or increases the critical effect chance of your next Healing Surge spell by 30%. 2 charges."

2p is an approx 4-7% chance to proc a free heal to 4-6 players, increasing in value significantly once 4p is obtained and Chain Heal is added to the rotation more.

4p is pretty much mandatory for any fights with consistent damage that can take advantage of a random chance at basically free chain heals.

I'm gaining Tidal Waves every ~3-5 seconds on average because it procs from both Chain Heal and Riptide giving this seemingly small 8% chance a much higher likelihood of proccing than it may seem because Tidal Waves happens very frequently. It is possible to proc the 4p off of casting Chain Heals while its active and it refreshes the duration to max - does not extend the duration.

Without 2p/4p combo it is almost more effective for me to spot heal 3-4 targets with Riptide and Wave/Surge rather than cast Chain Heal - depending on the item level and specific situation.

4p has significant interaction with Glyph of Riptide though with the changes to Riptide in Warlords and its HoT component being cut down and added to the direct heal portion of Riptide, its unlikely the glyph will see much if any use.

TL;DR 4p is pretty much required for me to put out consistent AoE healing because of spell costs and regen amounts right now.

2. Solar

Solar Guild Social

Achievements:
    Hunter 2pc is a big deal.
    Hunter 4pc is also a big deal, but less of a big deal than the former big deal.

Canibehealz and Abbador like this.
  3. Akky

Akky Senior Member

Achievements:
    Warlock T17 Destruction 2P Bonus: When Immolate deals damage it has a 4% chance to generate a full Burning Ember.

Warlock T17 Destruction 4P Bonus: When a Burning Ember is filled up, you have a chance to cause your next Chaos Bolt to multistrike 3 additional times.

Pretty sick, both bonus's will be a big upgrade for single target and cleave dps

General consensu on Destro stat weights
    Intellect - 4.13
    Spell Power = 3.76
    Crit = 1.67
    Mastery = 1.6
    Haste = 1.44
    Multistrike = 1.48
    Versatility = 1.31

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
    Canibehealz likes this.
  4. Lacie

Lacie Hero of the Backend

Achievements:
    2P priest is a big boost to raid healing
    4P has nice synergy with the 2p

Canibehealz and Jak like this.
  5. Cheroba

Cheroba Raider

Achievements:
    Resto Druid Tier 17 Set bonuses
    2 - piece : Nature's Swiftness now works on the next three spell casts
    4 - piece : After casting two sequential Healing Touches, the mana cost of WG is reduced by 25%.

Analysis - Tier set bonuses are pretty lack luster especially in a double rejuv playing style. I might get 2 - piece for the bump on NS...but the mana cost reduction requires a weird sequence to decrease the cost on WG. (But, I should likely be de-prioritized over other folks needing tier completes.)

Canibehealz likes this.
  6. Cakezilla

Cakezilla Guild Social

Achievements:
    TL;DR - Overall Value for Mage set bonuses: 7/10 (10 = must-have, 1 = adds no benefit)

Frost
    • 2pc - While Frozen Orb is active, you gain Fingers of Frost every 2.5 sec.
    • 4pc - Each Ice Lance cast while Frozen Orb is active reduces the cast time of Frostbolt by 2% and increases the damage of Frostbolt by 2% for 10 sec. Stacks up to 10 times.

Verdict: Frozen Orb is a 1min CD so these set bonuses are good in terms of uptime. Both give decent single target damage bonus but small/no benefit to AoE. Both make an already bursty spec even burstier. Value - 7/10

Fire
    • 2pc - Inferno Blast now has 2 charges.
    • 4pc - When Pyroblast! activates, you have a chance to cause all Pyroblasts to have no cast time and be guaranteed critical strikes for 4 sec. (Approximately 1.00 procs per minute)

Verdict: Both set bonuses are decently strong and are direct damage increases in the form of more Pyros which is the largest damage contributor in the Fire Mage arsenal. Value: 8/10

Arcane
    • 2pc - After using Evocation, the cast time and mana cost of Arcane Blast is reduced by 25% for 15 sec.
    • 4pc - When you gain an Arcane Charge, you have a chance to increase the number of missiles your next Arcane Missiles will fire by 5.

Verdict: 2pc is tied to a 1.5 min CD which means total uptime of the 15 sec buff is a respectable 16.67%. 4pc makes a strong spell even stronger by doubling the number of missiles fired (therefore doubling damage). Value: 8/10

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
    Canibehealz likes this.
  7. Tinderhoof

Tinderhoof Guild Social

Achievements:
    Canibehealz likes this.
  8. Honeypants

Honeypants Guild Social

Achievements:
    Holy Paladin 2pc Bonus - When you cast Light of Dawn, you have a 25% chance to also be able to cast a free 3 holy Power Word of Glory

Holy Paladin 4pc Bonus - When you cast Word of Glory, you have a 20% chance to be able to cast a free 3 Holy Power Light of Dawn.

I'm not thrilled with it, you can put me towards the bottom of the receiving tier list.

Canibehealz likes this.
  9. Donna

Donna Raider

Achievements:
    • [T17 2P] Spending Holy Power has a 30% chance to allow the use of Hammer of Wrath regardless of your target's current health.
    • [T17 4P] Hammer of Wrath causes your next Exorcism to generate 3 Holy Power.
    These are both great. The 4p one is predicted to be problematic because of swing timers, however.

Canibehealz likes this.
  10. Lindorn

Lindorn Officer

Achievements:
    Both set bonuses are very good defensively and have synergy with each other. They will be good to get as soon as possible.

Canibehealz likes this.
  11. earthwormjim

earthwormjim Not GM

Achievements:
    Druid T17 Balance 2P Bonus: Reduces the cast time of Wrath and Starfire by 12%.

Druid T17 Balance 4P Bonus: Wrath and Starfire casts reduce the cooldown of Celestial Alignment by 3 sec.

2 piece is fucking massive for balance druids. Our cast times are crazy long at the start of an expansion, so 12% reduction is a huge dps increase and quality of life improvement. It's a 10-20% dps increase depending on how much movement a fight has. Lets you finish casts you would otherwise have had to cancel to move.

4 piece is not very good, it makes you choose a different dps talent otherwise celestial alignment doesn't line up with incarnation. Relatively small increase in damage compared with the 2 piece.

Canibehealz likes this.
  12. dhomochevsky

dhomochevsky Guild Social

Achievements:
    Windwalker 2pc gives me an extra TEB when using FoF. This is good for maintaining full TEB stack use.
    Windwalker 4pc gives 3% multistrike per TEB consumed. This is amazing. With normally using 10 stacks for full buffing I get 30% multistrike. Adding that to having at least 25% multistrike, I will do amazing damage.

Overall, both pieces give good damage increases that I will need to provide % dps numbers for, but 4 pc will be mandatory cause the buff is too good to pass up.

If only one of the bonuses made my touch of death do double damage...

Canibehealz and Abbador like this.
  13. Tunguskaa

Tunguskaa Raider

Achievements:
    2pc as it was stated by Solir 2 piece is amazing since it double dips with passive ability of ours. 28 focus return per aimed with passive and 2pc. Such crits. Much Focus. Wow.
    4pc makes great burst potential and strong openers but def not as strong of a bonus as our 2pc

Canibehealz likes this.
  14. Dan

Dan Founder

Achievements:
    Blood DK
    Two and four piece Blood are extremely desirable because they compliment each other, best obtained asap.

Protection Paladin
    Two piece is more sought after than four piece simply because the 12% block is guaranteed, however the four piece bonus compliments two piece. In the current state of Protection paladin the tier is itemized poorly and would be seeking off pieces after 2P from Helm and Chest.

Canibehealz likes this.
  15. Jak

Jak Guild Social

Achievements:
    This
    *Holy 2P Bonus: Prayer of Mending jumps to 4 additional targets.
    *Holy 4P Bonus: When Prayer of Mending heals a target, you have a 20% chance to gain a stack of Serendipity.

Not sure how much disc either Lacie or I would play, 2P is great, 4P is okay for it.

Discipline 2P Bonus: Increases the duration of Penance by 1 sec. Penance channels for 1 additional second and generates 2 stacks of Evangelism.
    *Discipline 4P Bonus: When you activate Archangel, the mana cost of Prayer of Healing is reduced by 50% for 6 sec.

Shadow 2p and 4p are huge deals
    Shadow 2P Bonus: Consuming Shadow Orbs reduces the cooldown of Mind Blast by 0.5 sec per Shadow Orb consumed.
    *Shadow 4P Bonus: Each time Devouring Plague deals damage over time, your haste increases by 1% for 4 sec, stacking up to 12 times.

Canibehealz likes this.
  16. Chia

Chia Raider

Achievements:
    To go off what Jak said, yes the shadow 2p and 4p are pretty dramatic damage increases for us because:

Our 2pc effectively allows us for an extra DP and Insanity cycle every three cycles because of the reduced CD on mindblast. This will asly increase the uptime of SWP and VT because of the DoTweaving playstyle we now rock.

Our 4pc compliments this VERY nicely by further allowing us to cycle through our entire rotation faster. Similar to cast time reduction, haste allows shadow priests to channel insanity faster, but has the added effect of reducing the CD of our primary orb builder. Not to mention that the 4pc will allow for us to use our glyph of mind harvest on even nearly every fight.

In short, NEED set bonuses! Pretty please! *puppy eyes*

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
    Canibehealz likes this.
  17. Waffles

Waffles Raider

Achievements:
    So for my class and spec I can confirm it is a dps increase so I need them asap ty

18. Vizcioux

Vizcioux Junior Member

Achievements:
    Warlock T17 Destruction 2P Bonus: When Immolate deals damage it has a 4% chance to generate a full Burning Ember.

Warlock T17 Destruction 4P Bonus: When a Burning Ember is filled up, you have a chance to cause your next Chaos Bolt to multistrike 3 additional times.

2pc: gives more ember => more chaosbolt = > higher dps

4pc: chaosbolts procs,
    three more chaosbolts,
    chaosbolt chaosbolt.

Confirmed dps increases, please gib.

19. Unholysin

Unholysin Guild Social

Achievements:
    Unholy: 2pc and 4pc together is about 1.5% increase
    Frost: 2pc and 4pc together is about a 5-6% increase

Enjoy the vanq tokens, I'll go last lol.

Canibehealz likes this.
  20. Slappa

Slappa Senior Member

Achievements:
    Oh hey, guess I should post this also.
    Both specs 2p/4p bonuses really smooth out our rotation. Fury 2p will keep Enrage up-time much easier and 4p with Recklessness glyph is a huge buff to our major DPS CD. Arms 2p gives us another much needed rage generator and pooling rage for CS rage dumps / execute phase. Arms 4p having a chance to reduce our Mortal Strike CD (it's our 2nd hardest hitting ability) 50% for 10s... ahhh. yes plz. Def rockin 4p again unlike SoO.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015