Denied Syrup, Brewmaster/Windwalker Monk

Discussion in 'Archive' started by mojo, Sep 19, 2015.

1. mojo

mojo Raider

Achievements:
    Section 1: Character
    1. Character name: Syrup
    2. Realm: Ner'zhul
    3. Primary spec and class: Brewmaster/Windwalker Monk
    4. Battle tag: mojo#1239
    5. Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nerzhul/Syrup/advanced
    6. Warcraft Logs character ranking: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/922203/latest
    7. Parse link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/dNCXRfZkczbqyAQ3#fight=3&options=128&view=rankings (Normal, I know, but I was pretty proud of this one.)

Section 2: Real Life
    1. Real first name: Morgan
    2. Gender: Female
    3. Age: 20
    4. Country/State: New York
    5. How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?: ~6 Years
    6. Tell us a little bit about yourself: Currently attending at a local college, living with my sister, two cats, and our dog. I still draw and paint a ton, but not quite as much as I used to when I've applied previously. I'm a level-headed and relaxed person, I'll always enjoy running pugs and stuff with friends to help out, and I'm a lot more talkative than I was previously. :)
    7. Upcoming circumstances that can prevent you from raiding: Currently none that I can think of. If I'm ever going to be late or absent because of something, I'll make sure to notify you in advance. I follow an evening class schedule on Tue/Thurs but unless there's some horrific 3-hour traffic it shouldn't ever interfere with raid.

Section 3: Computer
    1. How old is your computer?: ~3 Years
    2. Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M x2
    3. Amount of memory (RAM): 12GB

Section 4: Short Response
    1. Why did you choose Last Word?: I've raided with you guys previously and enjoyed it. You have a great reputation and all the right mindset I look for in a guild.

2. Reason(s) for leaving your previous guild: I've been raiding with Server Last for almost as long as I've played this game, but I've never felt so aggravated and exhausted by raiding only 6 hours a week and feeling like we're getting nowhere. It's stressful, and I'm tired of arguing valid points to people who don't know how to listen.

3. What specs/classes have you raided as in the past?: All three Mage specs, Restoration Shaman, Fury/Protection Warrior, and both listed Monk specs.

4. Favorite title you've earned on the character you're applying to raid with: Salty Syrup for obvious reasons. It is clearly the best title.

5. What was your most memorable moment in World of Warcraft so far?: A few come to mind, like rolling off the edge of Kromog's bathtub on progression. Soloing Rukhmar and Kazzak (twice) were pretty fun too though. For old time's sake, here's the moment I wrote on my previous application:

"That one time I put up an Ancient Dalaran portal on top of the portal to Bladefist Bay after Sha of Pride always comes to mind. Probably because it's so recent. Everybody else in the raid went and took it."

(And whatever Arvida put on his application probably applies to me too.)

6. What goals do you wish to achieve in World of Warcraft? Which goals have you already accomplished?: I'm always looking for ways to improve myself. I have people telling me left and right that I'm "good enough" but to me, there's no such thing. I love trying things differently (CHI TORPEDO IS FUN I SWEAR!) to help make an encounter easier or more interesting or quicker.

The answer I gave in my previous application can also go here as well. WoW can provide a great sense of community if you're in the right place and I know Last Word is basically a family at this point.

7. Fill out the template. Include content you've cleared only while it was current: WARLORDS OF DRAENOR
    TIER 18: Mythic Hellfire Citadel 3/13
    TIER 17: Mythic Highmaul 6/7, Mythic Blackrock Foundry 9/10

MISTS OF PANDARIA
    Mythic Siege of Orgrimmar 14/14, Heroic Throne of Thunder 0/13, Heroic Mogu’shan Vaults 0/6, Heroic Heart of Fear 0/6, Heroic Terrace of Endless Spring 0/4

CATACLYSM
    Heroic Dragon Soul 0/8, Heroic Firelands 0/7, Heroic Throne of the Four Winds 0/2, Heroic Bastion of Twilight 0/5, Heroic Blackwing Descent 0/6

WRATH OF THE LICH KING
    Heroic Lich King 0/1, Tribute to Insanity: No

FEATS OF STRENGTH
    Replace with server firsts, cutting edge achievements and anything else raid related here...

Section 5: Theorycrafting
    1. Explain your priority or rotation: Brewmaster:
    Build Chi with Expel Harm w/ 4pc > Keg Smash (<3 Chi) > Jab (or Spinning Crane Kick) (<3 Chi if Power Strikes is up) and spend with discretion on ChiEx (3 Chi if single target, 4 if multiple targets) or Guard based on incoming damage and healing. Elusive Brew with >9 stacks while tanking, but save if needed for an ability requiring active mitigation.
    Chi Burst if healing is needed, but on CD and in a not-stupid direction if not.
    Tiger Palm as filler until my wrist breaks or my keybind for it stops working, whichever comes first.

Windwalker:
    Tigereye Brew at 10 Stacks (but less is alright if unavoidable) > Expel Harm (>93% Health) > Jab (or Spinning Crane Kick) for Chi, spend on Tiger Palm to keep buff up > RSK to keep buff up > Fists of Fury on CD (save 3 Chi if it's coming off soon) > Combo Breaker Procs > Chi Burst on CD > ChiEx or Blackout Kick

2. Versatility, Multistrike, Haste, Critical, OR Mastery? Choose one and explain why: I'll choose to talk about Multistrike for both since it's moderately pertinent (and interesting) for both. It's unfortunate it's being removed and this won't be relevant for much longer, but I love this stat for a number of reasons.

For Brewmaster, Multistrike (thought a random chance) allows a lot more choice in what I'm doing as far as spending Chi goes. One of the biggest problems for Crit-specced Monk tanks is spiky damage intake when Guard falls and Elusive Brew isn't up. Gift of the Ox is pretty much a saving grace here. They proc from multistrikes, and the healing they provide can multistrike (and crit) as well. All other heals I apply to myself (Chi Burst, Expel Harm, Healing Spheres from glyph) behave the same way. While this may result in overhealing in some cases, I can heal myself from 5% to full with a few well placed Gift of the Ox orbs and one Expel Harm, and being an independent and self-sufficient tank is something I strive for.

The explanation for Windwalker is a little less interesting since it doesn't really affect any of my abilities, it just allows me to do a ton of damage which is always fun. Who doesn't want that????

3. Is there anything questionable about your gear, gem or enchant decisions? If so, explain here. Otherwise, leave blank: For tanking, I spec for Critical Strike. It makes gameplay more interesting and I feel like I have more decision to make when choosing to use Elusive Brew. I also don't use the tank weapon enchant because I'm not a huge baby and also don't often go below 60% unless expected. It also has an ICD, whereas the crit weapon enchant does not.

Section 6: Interface and Binds
    1. What do you have Q, W, E, A, S and D bound to?: Q: Spinning Crane Kick
    W: Move Forward
    E: Dizzying Haze
    A: Strafe Left
    S: Transcendence: Transfer
    D: Strafe Right

2. Upload a screenshot of your user interface: Linked at the bottom of the application

3. If your keybindings are not shown in the screenshot you provided in question 2, please show them here. Leave blank otherwise:

Section 7: Statistics
    1. How did you learn about us?: I've raided with you on my mage previously. And maybe I will again in the future??? Ooh.
    2. Besides filling the application out, what did you least like about our application experience?: Answer for my last app is relevant: "I cried quietly the whole time I filled it out. Sorry."
    3. Which LWlol.com webpage did you like most?: Still the application splash page. Its poignant and hilarious.

Attached Files:

2. mojo

mojo Raider

Achievements:
  3. Waffles

Waffles Raider

Achievements:
    Bellsprout

4. mojo

mojo Raider

Achievements:
    THANKS WAFFLES