Stock: Apple Inc. (AAPL)

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by rent, Jan 17, 2015.

1. rent

rent Guild Master

Achievements:
    rent purchased 105 shares of (AAPL) Apple Inc. stock @ $105.99 per share.

2. rent

rent Guild Master

Achievements:
    One of the issues with the Cactar Stock Exchange was that it was too insular and single player. This change is aimed at increasing awareness of the Stock Exchange. A single time event is fired that creates a thread for each unique stock symbol the first time shares are purchased for that company.

3. Donna

Donna Raider

Achievements:
    You purchase these with credits? Credits have been messed up forever.

4. Jak

Jak Guild Social

Achievements:
    Jak purchased 30 shares of (AAPL) Apple Inc. stock @ $105.99 per share.

5. rent

rent Guild Master

Achievements:
    What problem have you run into?

6. Donna

Donna Raider

Achievements:
    I'm like...the most active person on this forum? And a lot of people have more credits than me, which seems impossible. I don't even crack the top 20 lol, and I check and post on this forum multiple times a day since it came online. Makes me think something is messed up.

7. rent

rent Guild Master

Achievements:
    You are active, however there are lump sum rewards that are given out for a few things, primarily your birthday, which awards 3,000 credits. The LWlol Credit system was introduced along with the CSE with Cactar 2.0 last May, so if you had an early birthday you have yet to receive your birthday gift.

The Credit system is also tied to the LWlol donation system here: http://cactar.lwlol.com/donate/
    Credits awarded for donation amount was also retroactive, so anyone who donated to the website - from the announcement of Project 005 back in 2012 up to the time of the Credit system launch - I manually awarded them credits based on the amount donated (in line with what you see at the link). Of course, some people have been playing the CSE for some time, so they've made (or loss) cash with the CSE. It is simply is more compelling when there is risk involved, otherwise we have no game, and that was one of the core design goals with introducing CSE to the website.

You've got a ways to go, son:
    http://cactar.lwlol.com/members/

8. Donna

Donna Raider

Achievements:
    Birthday is in August. I figured a few people posted more than me but not man, which that list reflects. Yet only 2 of them are on the Fortune 20? I just don't believe that the other 18 people, some of whom haven't used the forums in years, some of whom I've never even heard of, have earned more credits than me. Perhaps it's all donations, but I'm doubtful that many of the people on the top 20 have donated anything.

9. rent

rent Guild Master

Achievements:
    Ah, you didn't give the system your birthday, that's why it did't award you 3,000, I will manually give that to you, and that puts you in the top 20. And this correlates with your activity

Ok, here is the current Fortune 20 - with you adjusted amount (+3000 for your Bday)

Of the people in the Fortune 20, 12 donated off the top of my head (I have complete records of donations for when I need it)

There are more people who did donate but don't crack the top 20 - people like Angrychicken and more, who obviously don't play anymore

Geowg, my dad donated 500$ towards the CSE and gave 10000 credits to my step bro
    Cakezilla donated 400$
    Abbador I think was 300$
    Silent was 200$ plus the initial amount for the CSE itself, another 35$
    Canibe donated 100$
    Dan donated above 100
    Splerks donated 100
    Saitek donated 100
    Sin donated 50
    Rawberrie, which was a casual in the guild when I announced Project 005 donated 50
    Honey donated somewhere around 50
    Peon donated somewhere below 50
    Anelace donated something, I think 50? Again these numbers are off the top of my head but can be fact checked when needed

Here is the detailed cost breakdown of LWlol.com with donation amounts
    http://cactar.lwlol.com/threads/project-005-financial-report.2213/

Also this poster tracks everyone who donated any amount of money before the launch of the website. Their names are in the credit block at the bottom of the poster: http://cactar.lwlol.com/threads/the-eggvolution-begins.2459/#post-15145

Screen Shot 2015-01-19 at 11.56.28 AM.png

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  10. Donna

Donna Raider

Achievements:
    See that list makes more sense now lol I was like....there's no way Aggo is ahead of me?

11. Canibehealz

Canibehealz Founder

Achievements:
    Knew there had to be a reason to put your birthday into the system, eh? :p

12. rent

rent Guild Master

Achievements:
    Great, you should be able to input your birthday. However, once set the first time, only I can change it.

http://cactar.lwlol.com/account/personal-details

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  13. rent

rent Guild Master

Achievements:
    rent sold 105 shares of (AAPL) Apple Inc. stock @ $108.72 per share.

14. rent

rent Guild Master

Achievements:
    rent purchased 106 shares of (AAPL) Apple Inc. stock @ $113.10 per share.

Earnings call later today, expecting good results...

15. rent

rent Guild Master

Achievements:
    rent sold 106 shares of (AAPL) Apple Inc. stock @ $116.83 per share.

16. rent

rent Guild Master

Achievements:
    rent purchased 108 shares of (AAPL) Apple Inc. stock @ $126.49 per share.

17. rent

rent Guild Master

Achievements:
    Hmmm when to sell... Tricky

18. Waffles

Waffles Raider

Achievements:
    Never. You hold for 20 more years. AAPL is not meant to be day traded.

19. rent

rent Guild Master

Achievements:
    It's clear that Apple is on one of its marathon raises like it was back in 2012 where the stocked dipped from 700 to 400 over the span of a few months. There will not be a drop that big but I expect something to happen around the launch of apple watch.

After the rumors of Apple Car and record profits from iPhone 6 die down, I expect a drop. And now that I look at it i shoulda sold yesterday when I made that post

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  20. Waffles

Waffles Raider

Achievements:
    Market trends