Saturday 14th of December Hearthstone Tournament sign up

Discussion in 'Nest Resources' started by Akky, Dec 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beowewelf

Beowewelf New Member

Achievements:
    Beowewlf#1694
    Warlock - Shaman - Rogue

2. AeriaGloris

AeriaGloris Junior Member

Achievements:
    Decks are Mage, Druid, Rogue

3. Omniwrath

Omniwrath Guild Social

Achievements:
    Hey guys, I'm just not feeling this style tournament. I hope you will reconsider forcing people to use three different decks, especially if they all have to be a different class. Until then, I probably won't be participating.

You could accomplish much the same thing if you just made deck swapping between matches optional. People who didn't swap would just be at a disadvantage usually, so it shouldn't be a big deal to make it optional.

4. Canibehealz

Canibehealz Founder

Achievements:
    What about it don't you "feel"? You seemed fine with it the other day when you posted in for it. Is it that you're not familiar enough with more than 1 or 2 to feel like you could compete? This is all really in the spirit of fun, but I understand if thats the concern.

5. Canibehealz

Canibehealz Founder

Achievements:
    I wouldn't even go as far as to say usually either. We've had all sorts of W/L ratios. Donna swept with his last possible deck last week even though he had three different decks go against it.

6. Omniwrath

Omniwrath Guild Social

Achievements:
    Most good decks rely on 1 or more legendaries to maximize the deck. I have one deck that I've spent dust on optimizing, but I simply don't have the cards to support other classes that are remotely competitive with my primary deck.

It sounds like you agree with me then. Optional deck swapping has no downside for anybody other than those who choose not to swap.

7. Canibehealz

Canibehealz Founder

Achievements:
    As I said, the whole nature of the tournament is not to just go in and try and win - though thats an objective, I wouldn't consider it the primary one. The goal is to get community involvement, have a good time and learn about the game and the entire thing is based on having fun. If you feel you can only have fun by running a single deck and not exploring options in other decks just for shiggles then thats fine. I don't have cards to support a paladin deck optimally, but I can still do it. Plenty of Neutrals/Commons work fine in decks and Legendary cards are most certainly not required though they do help.

One could argue that the balance of the tournament would be thrown off if some people swapped and some didn't. The argument goes both ways though, so I see your point. "Its not fair, that person swapped to a deck with lots of removal because they couldn't beat me." and "Well I can't beat this person who swapped to a deck with heavy removal spells because I dont have decks to swap" sort of go hand in hand. I do see what you're saying though. Perhaps we can consider altering the format a bit for the future.

8. Cptpoot

Cptpoot Founder

Achievements:
    I never ever play my rogue or warlock decks... EVER. I didn't have the basic cards for both of them until 8:10PM last saturday. It's not like we're investing or playing for money! We're just BS'ing in mumble and having fun!

9. Swifty

Swifty New Member

Achievements:
    @Omniwrath I don't really agree with your idea just because I haven't paid a cent for the game, but I do have some decent decks that I have managed to build up from playing for a month or so now so I believe it gives me the best chance to play my good decks against play to win players instead of being stuck with decks that I haven't worked on and them having cards for almost all of their decks.
    But I do think we shouldn't post what we're playing on the forums, I think we should pm the organizer and they should release what decks we are playing either after we have all been locked in or when the event is about to start.
    (Oh and by the by, I'm not sure who you mean by is "he" the real Swifty, I'm a League Of Legends player and former CoD: Black Ops game battles winner. )

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2013
  10. Omniwrath

Omniwrath Guild Social

Achievements:
    I don't think money is relevant. Part of Hearthstone is accepting that people who spend money accumulate cards faster, but it really doesn't matter in the long run. I'm simply not keen on spending the time to build/learn multiple classes when the vast majority of my time is spent playing the same deck repeatedly in constructed.

Canibe asked what happened this week that I changed my mind, and at first I didn't have an answer for that, but then I realized they made ranked play relevant so I've basically stopped doing arena and started doing non stop ranked matches. I want to focus on excelling with a single deck, as that will be the ticket to getting top ranks.

11. rent

rent Guild Master

Achievements:
    Its the best strategy to get comfortable with another deck, and not just have one super deck that tries to do everything

#ACCDFinalsMonthOver

12. Omniwrath

Omniwrath Guild Social

Achievements:
    I'm comfortable with many decks, they are just all mage decks because that is what I have the cards for.

I would love to participate with 3 distinct mage decks.

13. AeriaGloris

AeriaGloris Junior Member

Achievements:
    fyi my deck choices have changed with the patch...if I need to repost I will.

14. Canibehealz

Canibehealz Founder

Achievements:
    The original idea was for us to PM deck choices to either me or Akky and keep them private for against opponents. I think we may switch to that. Maybe we can change things around, we'll look into it. As of now though, its tomorrow so we won't change anything this short notice.

15. Donna

Donna Raider

Achievements:
    Donna is available to defend her title if there is still room for tonight!

4 people like this.
  16. Canibehealz

Canibehealz Founder

Achievements:
    Yup also due to weather I may be late

17. Omniwrath

Omniwrath Guild Social

Achievements:
    Okay, I'm bi-polar.

I've made two more decks, so I'm in again if it's still okay.

Warlock-Mage-Paladin

See you guys in an hour. Anybody wanting to watch the tournament can catch my stream: twitch.tv/omniwrath

I haven't started yet today, probably will in about an hour.

4 people like this.
  18. Dizzi

Dizzi New Member

Achievements:
    Rogue - Druid - Hunter

19. Solar

Solar Guild Social

Achievements:
    I think I mirror Omni's concern.
    Personally, and this is just from a personal standpoint and not a competitive gaming view or whatever - is that I like the Hunter deck, I want to play the Hunter deck and I want to be as good as I can with a Hunter deck.
    Sure I think it's strong to broaden your horizons and play other classes to learn more and get a feel for how future opponenets of the same Hero can play but right now Casual Hearthsolar just isn't into learning new and different things. Call me old school ;)
    Different strokes for different folks!

20. WookieeGT

WookieeGT Junior Member

Achievements:
    Shaman Warrior Hunter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.