Withdrawn Pradá, Mage (all specs)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by prada, Sep 7, 2015.

1. prada

prada New Member

Achievements:
    Section 1: Character
    1. Character name: Pradá
    2. Realm: Kil'jaeden
    3. Primary spec and class: Mage (all specs)
    4. Battle tag: Detrek#1507
    5. Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kiljaeden/Pradá/advanced
    6. Warcraft Logs character rankings: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/2389440/8/#boss=1778
    7. Parse link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/3jdf9GPZhFWV2nJK#fight=5&view=rankings

Section 2: Real Life
    1. Real first name: James
    2. Gender: Male
    3. Age: 23
    4. Country/State: Connecticut, USA
    5. How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?: Casually since 2005, more intensively since 2014
    6. Tell us a little bit about yourself: I make jokes for a living. Games are fun. Women are fun. Dogs are cool, puppies especially.
    7. Upcoming circumstances that can prevent you from raiding: None

Section 3: Computer
    1. How old is your computer?: ~1 year
    2. Video card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 760 2GB
    3. Amount of memory (RAM): Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz

Section 4: Short Response
    1. Why did you choose Last Word?: Honestly I was just browsing guilds on wowprogress and this site kinda enticed me in. You guys werent lying when you said it was nice.

2. Reason(s) for leaving your previous guild: Cool guys, but their progression leaves much to be desired.

3. What specs/classes have you raided as in the past?: Casually as a DPS warrior wotlk-->mop, then mage mop-->now

4. Favorite title you've earned on the character you're applying to raid with: XXX, the Proven Assailant

5. What was your most memorable moment in World of Warcraft so far?: Using the code from the X51 nether rocket TCG to get the mounts, then finding out shortly after I could have sold it for $250 online. Hey, you said most memorable, not favorite.

6. What goals do you wish to achieve in World of Warcraft? Which goals have you already accomplished?: I just constantly want to work to be better simply. I never settle with what I have/the DPS I'm doing, so its always a goal of mine to improve. I have noticed significant improvement between when I first really started raiding and now, but just cause I've improved a bit doesn't mean I'm at my peak.

7. Fill out the template. Include content you've cleared only while it was current: WARLORDS OF DRAENOR
    TIER 18: Mythic Hellfire Citadel 4/13
    TIER 17: Mythic Highmaul 6/7, Mythic Blackrock Foundry 8/10

MISTS OF PANDARIA
    Siege of Orgrimmar 14/14,

CATACLYSM
    Firelands 7/7, Throne of the Four Winds 2/2, Bastion of Twilight 5/5, Blackwing Descent 6/6

Section 5: Theorycrafting
    1. Explain your priority or rotation: arc: squeeze out as many AB's as possible while being at or above 93% mana, dump AMs into doom nova procc'd targets, burst usually on CD but if it's ~15 seconds or less to the legendary ring being up then I just save it for then. Use arcane orb to build stacks or to generate AM procs in a pinch (no AM procs left but theres a good doom nova proc up)

frost: frostbolt/ice lance weave, sending out FFB's when I'm at 3 or fewer FoF stacks and water jet isnt about to come off CD. cleave when possible. frozen orb when FoF-proc starved or when there is a big group of adds.

fire: pick a central priority target, load them up with dots, spread them, rinse and repeat. Build a fat combust by praying for good RNG and by lining it up with cooldowns/procs. Dragons breath big groups of adds for ez-pz point and shoot damage.

2. Versatility, Multistrike, Haste, Critical, OR Mastery? Choose one and explain why: Haste is fantastic for frost and arcane and is middle of the pack for fire, so I gem/ench for that across the board. To be honest, it's the most fun because of the simple pace of gameplay increase.

3. Is there anything you think we may question about your gear, gem or enchant decisions? If so, explain here. Otherwise, leave blank: If I have to go fire for a progression fight, I'll enchant/gem crit.

Section 6: Interface and Binds
    1. What do you have Q, W, E, A, S and D bound to?: Q: Healing Tonic W: move forward E: blink A: turn left S: ice barrier/alter time D: move right

2. Upload a screenshot of your user interface: Linked at the bottom of the application

3. If your keybindings are not shown in the screenshot you provided in question 2, please show them here. Leave blank otherwise:

Section 7: Statistics
    1. How did you learn about us?: wowprogress
    2. Besides filling the application out, what did you least like about our application experience?: It slightly bothered me that I could edit the boxes right above the pictures of each section.
    3. Which LWlol.com webpage did you like most?: The homepage is actually my favorite. That central display is sexy.

Attached Files:

• UI.jpg
      UI.jpg
      File size:
      732.2 KB
      Views:
  2. earthwormjim

earthwormjim Not GM

Achievements:
    Parses look great. We'd be glad to have another mage.

3. Givemeahug

Givemeahug Raider

Achievements:
    Parses look good, Jeathe says the death check looks good, general class knowledge looks good. ANDDDD His UI looks shitty just like mine :)