Poot's suggestion thread.

Discussion in 'Production' started by Cptpoot, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Cptpoot

Cptpoot Founder

Achievements:
    Hey. On the iPhone, that notification is annoying! But it provides extremely useful information, obviously.

I just thought itd be much more tolerable if the black bg were at like 65% opacity. Doable?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2013
  2. rent

rent Guild Master

Achievements:
    Yeah

3. rent

rent Guild Master

Achievements:
    This is in as an undocumented change

4. Cptpoot

Cptpoot Founder

Achievements:
    Looks great btw. The gaps in my visits are growing. :/

5. Cptpoot

Cptpoot Founder

Achievements:
    So... Hearthstone is a big reason I frequently visit the forums. We should think of a way to take more advantage of a new and growing community and have them use our website because of it.

Once I figure out the intricacies of streaming from a Mac, I'm going to be streaming basically all of my HS play.

I did have an immediate question/suggestion though. The "recent" list on the website is a bit useless if it shows the last 24 hours... don't you think? What qualifies as recent? Could you shorten it to be more informative? (like the last hour? knowing that gives you a better idea of the likelihood of being able to contact somebody, IMO)

6. rent

rent Guild Master

Achievements:
    Yeah as of right now its trending, I think that giving it a well made Nest resource, Cactar banner and maybe eventually even a tag will be something to explore. I think it fits well in Entertainment forum, its better to have fewer busy forums than many dead forums though

That'll be great, I'll add you to the featured section of the streams page once you do

There's pros and cons to that because it will be easy to miss people, and smaller time frame will make the site look less busy. I know some of us use it for record keeping. Now...

The one above it tracks people who have been active within the past 10ish minutes, which doesn't get at the within the past hour thing, but one hour feels too specific and short of a duration. I think when the ShoutBox goes live in Cactar 2.0, it will solve this problem you mentioned because the community will feel more connected. What do you think?

7. Cptpoot

Cptpoot Founder

Achievements:
    OOH. I forgot about the shout box.

I do like where HS is in the Entertainment forums... just trying to think of another way to take advantage of it.

8. Cptpoot

Cptpoot Founder

Achievements:
    Gotta be honest... I'm making descriptions in videos about how to access our Last Word Hearthstone tournaments and I'm telling people to goto "Cactar" and then "Nest Resources" and honestly I'm thinking to myself "wtf are these names? nobody is going to understand what I'm saying"

I believe we should consider making things more obvious for casual visitors!

9. rent

rent Guild Master

Achievements:
    Hearthstone is picking up steam here. I'll think up something

10. Cptpoot

Cptpoot Founder

Achievements:
    are there any ways to "mention" other users? I see a lot of titles like "@aggo" totally removing context and defeating the purpose of a title...

11. Cptpoot

Cptpoot Founder

Achievements:
  12. rent

rent Guild Master

Achievements:
  13. Cptpoot

Cptpoot Founder

Achievements:
  14. Cptpoot

Cptpoot Founder

Achievements:
    It blows my mind that there is no Emoji-allowing-addon for xenforo (that I could find).

They're literally just symbols.

You can parsehtml them in...
    😞

15. rent

rent Guild Master

Achievements:
    Nope no emoji like the ones you're talking about, they can be added in one by one though, its easy to do, but time consuming to be comprehensive

16. Cptpoot

Cptpoot Founder

Achievements:
    Ya I bet... there are packs for all the emojis as smileys... can they be referenced with the actual emojis (like facebook/twitter)? I assume that would be the time consuming part.

17. rent

rent Guild Master

Achievements:
    Yes, they can basically be anything you want them to be. Its a new thing they added with XenForo 1.3.

18. Cptpoot

Cptpoot Founder

Achievements:
    Poot Suggestion: Keep being freaking awesome, Rent. You killed it for this guild and frankly the guild disbanding is a waste of your awesome work and dedication.

rent and Omniwrath like this.