Denied Pixelexip, Arcane or Fire

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Pixelexip, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Pixelexip

Pixelexip Junior Member

Achievements:
    Section 1: Character
    1. Character name: Pixelexip
    2. Realm: Bladefist
    3. Primary spec and class: Arcane or Fire
    4. Battle tag: JonSnow#1972
    5. Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bladefist/Pixelexip/simple
    6. Warcraft Logs character rankings: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/998/latest/
    7. Parse link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/KT1BcmA3tnpF96z4#fight=48&type=damage-done

Section 2: Real Life
    1. Real first name: William
    2. Gender: Male
    3. Age: 20
    4. Country/State: Ca
    5. How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?: Since ToC in WoTLK, played in Vanilla but didnt get very far. I took a break most of MoP and all of Cata.
    6. Tell us a little bit about yourself: I'm a college student who thinks in cold hard logic. I know how to have fun but when it's time to get serious I don't mess around. I also used to play competitive Halo.
    7. Upcoming circumstances that can prevent you from raiding: Work sometimes inhibits my ability to raid on the weekend.

Section 3: Computer
    1. How old is your computer?: 1 year but I'm constantly upgrading my specs.
    2. Video card: 660 gtx soon to be 980
    3. Amount of memory (RAM): 8gb ddr3 soon to be 16gb ddr3(2 sticks of 8)

Section 4: Short Response
    1. Why did you choose Last Word?: I can make your guy's raid times and you guys seem to keep beating my guild every tier this xpac.

2. Reason(s) for leaving your previous guild: Raid leader's lack of control and pity for weak raiders. I want kills not excuses.

3. What specs/classes have you raided as in the past?: I was a top spriest most of SoO and I used to raid lead as a bal druid in a heroic ICC guild on Bloodscalp. I also currently play a hunter, warlock, prot warrior and spriest

4. Favorite title you've earned on the character you're applying to raid with: "the Savage Hero" or "the Fearless"

5. What was your most memorable moment in World of Warcraft so far?: Be a scrub dwarf hunter in Vanilla. The game was so new and interesting. It's what got me interested in games beyond Runescape when I was like 12.

6. What goals do you wish to achieve in World of Warcraft? Which goals have you already accomplished?: I'd love to be a well known in the Mage community like I was in the Spriest community. I rank well and play well but my guild doesn't kill fights very quick.

7. Fill out the template. Include content you've cleared only while it was current: WARLORDS OF DRAENOR
    TIER 17: Mythic Highmaul 6/6, Mythic Blackrock Foundry 8/10, Or if you have mythic experience already, switch heroic to mythic

MISTS OF PANDARIA
    Mythic Siege of Orgrimmar 14/14, Heroic Throne of Thunder 0/13, Heroic Mogu’shan Vaults 0/6, Heroic Heart of Fear 0/6, Heroic Terrace of Endless Spring 0/4

CATACLYSM
    Heroic Dragon Soul 0/8, Heroic Firelands 0/7, Heroic Throne of the Four Winds 0/2, Heroic Bastion of Twilight 0/5, Heroic Blackwing Descent 0/6

WRATH OF THE LICH KING
    Heroic Lich King 1/1, Tribute to Insanity: Yes/No

FEATS OF STRENGTH
    Time is a Flat Circle , Challenge Master: Auchindoun , Ahead of the Curve: Blackhand's Crucible , Cutting Edge: Imperator's Fall , Challenge Master: Grimrail Depot , Challenge Master: Upper Blackrock Spire , Shadowmoon Burial Grounds , Challenge Master: Iron Docks , Challenge Master: Skyreach , Cutting Edge: Garrosh Hellscream (25 player) , Cutting Edge: Garrosh Hellscream (10 player)

Section 5: Theorycrafting
    1. Explain your priority or rotation: With Tier 18 mage rotation and priority has changed a little. You burn deep into your burn phase with the class trinket and you only use AM in burn phase when you have 3 stacks or PC is about to be used. If you have PoF ticking on boss you AM spam all your stacks(cool trick: you can AM spam a PoF target and the tick hits your crystal. The only other major change to Arcane during conserve phase is that you don't want to use AM to keep a mana positive build instead you want to pool for 3 and use all at PoF proc or at 3 stacks. 93% mana is still standard for conserve.

2. Versatility, Multistrike, Haste, Critical, OR Mastery? Choose one and explain why: Haste: UM scaling is insane with this. After the nerf to our mastery haste became our best stat by a lot. It scales with our 2 set and allows for our AP AB burn to be extremely powerful. I'm focusing as much secondary stats as I can into it to fully take advantage of it. After Haste comes Mastery =/> Multi(theres very little difference in their benefits. One scales with your 2 set and scales with your burn.

3. Is there anything you think we may question about your gear, gem or enchant decisions? If so, explain here. Otherwise, leave blank: I've already started replacing mastery gear with haste or multistrike gear without 4 set in preperation for 4 set.

Section 6: Interface and Binds
    1. What do you have Q, W, E, A, S and D bound to?: Q: strafe left W: move forward E: strafe right A: depends on modifier S: back peddle(don't really use it) D: depends on modifier

2. Upload a screenshot of your user interface: Linked at the bottom of the application

3. If your keybindings are not shown in the screenshot you provided in question 2, please show them here. Leave blank otherwise: All should be shown my WAs and DBM will not be shown because the only screenshot I have of my current ui is static. I have WA programmed from buffs to debuffs to procs.

Section 7: Statistics
    1. How did you learn about us?: Jak and wowprogress
    2. Besides filling the application out, what did you least like about our application experience?: The composition of the form.
    3. Which LWlol.com webpage did you like most?: Home page is pretty sweet.

Attached Files:

2. Unholysin

Unholysin Guild Social

Achievements:
    How has this not been Alame'd yet?

3. Darkfriend

Darkfriend Guild Social

Achievements:
    I am very good friends with the GM of insurgency FYI. This guna b gud.

4. Alame

Alame Guild Social

Achievements:
    Care to expand on this? I tracked down what I believe to be your priests SoO logs (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/103440/5/#boss=0) and they are hardly 'top spriest' material.

Speaking as a 22-year old on the tail end of my University Career - I look back now and wish I had spent less time on WoW & LoL in my first three years of uni. I have a good balance between school/work/party/WoW now, but I didn't at the time. The important part is that I was very unreliable to my guild in that period. I missed a couple key progression nights because my buddies wanted to go out and I didn't feel like raiding. I don't know what kind of person you are and whether the party scene is 'your scene', but as Abba will vocally tell you people at your stage of life can be unreliable and tend to burn out quick. I don't want to guild to invest a ton of time and gear into you only to have you not show up when we need you - but I also don't want you to be miserable and burnt out on the game like I know I was when I was 20.

I hope I'm wrong on what I'm about to say, but I think managing expectations is important for all parties. We've had an exceptional start to this tier. We were fortunate to sneak in an Archimonde kill prior to the hotfixes which put us ahead of many guilds. Our ranking right now is partly a product of this, and partly a product of our raiders bringing their A game so far. There's always the possibility that we will slow down a bit as we hit the gear-check bosses (particularly because we did not invest the time into split runs) and that our ranking will fall slightly. If you think you are applying to a top-50 US guild, you might want to slow down for a second. We might finish there, I believe we are capable of finishing there, but that is not the expectation for the tier.

Your mage logs look pretty good (although I didn't do Jeathe's deathcheck) so I guess the rest is up to the officers.

Because it was posted at 3am and I don't sit up all night like a crack addict refreshing the apps page.

Jeathe likes this.
  5. Donna

Donna Raider

Achievements:
    Um I thought you did.

Also I assume this app didn't get very far in Vanilla because he was 10 years old then.

6. Jeathe

Jeathe Raider

Achievements:
    QFT.

I did the death check. It looks like a quality app. He does pretty well at individual-responsibility mechanics, doesn't die too much. However, I know our current roster is around 25-26, so whether we want to add another depends on if the officers are looking to cut a few of our current roster/trials, and how big a roster officers want us to have.

7. Pixelexip

Pixelexip Junior Member

Achievements:
    Ya you are and I also know you've been saying since Highmaul that you were going to come join the Insurgency ranks again. I've tried to express my concern for the raid and things don't change. Show him the app and the things I've said. I'm not invincible and I'm sure he'll have something to say to me about it but at the end of the day I'm interested in what's best for my raiding career and if it's not with Insurgency so be it.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  8. Pixelexip

Pixelexip Junior Member

Achievements:
    My guild stopped logging our kills or ranks after we had 2 or 3 kills on Hellscream 25 man. I had maintained several high ranks on Iron Juggernaut, Dark Shamans, Sha of Pride, Fallen Protectors, General Nazgrim and Malkorok. Please keep in mind that a majority of SoO's early progression was logged on World of Logs until people started to exploit the system. I had maintained a top 50 spriest rank on proraiders during that time. The screenshot linked is a picture from Paragons 25man progression. Keep in mind that during this progression Spriests used their SWP on all 3 bosses to encourage MB to proc, to have more uptime on a single target to priority target.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  9. Pixelexip

Pixelexip Junior Member

Achievements:
    Speaking as a 22-year old on the tail end of my University Career - I look back now and wish I had spent less time on WoW & LoL in my first three years of uni. I have a good balance between school/work/party/WoW now, but I didn't at the time. The important part is that I was very unreliable to my guild in that period. I missed a couple key progression nights because my buddies wanted to go out and I didn't feel like raiding. I don't know what kind of person you are and whether the party scene is 'your scene', but as Abba will vocally tell you people at your stage of life can be unreliable and tend to burn out quick. I don't want to guild to invest a ton of time and gear into you only to have you not show up when we need you - but I also don't want you to be miserable and burnt out on the game like I know I was when I was 20.

I have always maintained a good record of showing up to raids in my time with Insurgency. I was only ever late on Wednesday nights during farm when I had work because being promoted was more important than farm bosses. I manage my time very effectively. The weekends are my time for fun and the week is my time for work, school and raiding.

10. Pixelexip

Pixelexip Junior Member

Achievements:
    Your guys raid organization has been much better than ours the entire expansion. I've had a friend in your guild the entire time. As for whether or not I'd join based on what I know about your guild, I'm not sure. I had a friend express concern while watching my guilds progression in Heroic HFC saying that I should apply a few places and see who would take me. This isn't the only place I've applied. I haven't finalized any plans to leave yet. I fully intend on spending 1 week of Mythic progression with my current guild to see if the right and neccesary cuts are made to our roster to encourage progression. If I do not see any real progression ie players in who shouldn't be in and a lack of thought going into Mythic fights.

11. Alame

Alame Guild Social

Achievements:
    Can't multi-quote in one reply. Rejected.

Seriously though, I'm reasonably satisfied with those answers. As long as you know what you're getting yourself into its your funeral at the end of the day

12. Waffles

Waffles Raider

Achievements:
    No frost parses, are you limiting yourself to 2 specs?

13. Pixelexip

Pixelexip Junior Member

Achievements:
    Frost is good at both single and cleave but not great at either. I don't like the lack of Synergy of FO and PC so I choose not to play a spec that cannot and will not do better than Fire or Arcane in their respective roles. The only fight I see Frost being the best choice over the other 2 is Kilrog and that's only if you go down. My personal opinion on Mages is that you should bring what your raid group needs most to a fight because theres already plenty of other classes that can do cleave and single target in the same spec. So if my raid is lacking boss damage I go Arcane if my raid is lacking cleave I go Fire. My guilds first kill on Iron Maidens I was Arcane because we had so many other classes that could cleave well but we lacked ST burn in the last phase.

14. Lacie

Lacie Hero of the Backend

Achievements:
    I would like to take this moment to honor Pixelexip as the winner of Alame's reasonable satisfaction. We don't hand out very many of these awards, but you sir, have reasonably earned it.

Solar, Pixelexip and Canibehealz like this.
  15. Waffles

Waffles Raider

Achievements:
    Fire is good for sustained cleave. Frost is pretty good for 2-target council style encounters or even encounters with high movement. As long as you are willing to play it as needed.
    In regards to Iron Maidens it was actually more single target damage to go fire providing you had tier and the bosses were stacked. I admire your self-sacrifice though. Most mages I see run arcane/frost.

16. Darkfriend

Darkfriend Guild Social

Achievements:
    Oh I wasn't going to mention it to him. Just if it happened he'd probably drama me.

Also the times just never worked out :p

17. Pixelexip

Pixelexip Junior Member

Achievements:
    First kills are about the kill not the "Huge Dick Meters". I got my chance to show that off on the second kill. You are right it is more ST but its over a long time that you are doing that ST. Whereas with Arcane you can burst to almost 2mil with a good crystal(I'm sure that's more than possible now with the new tier but I haven't tested it yet).

18. earthwormjim

earthwormjim Not GM

Achievements:
    Ok enough dicking around. We'd like to extend an offer for you to join our guild. Your parses are excellent and your survivability looks great.

Are you free for a mumble interview later tonight or tomorrow night?

19. Pixelexip

Pixelexip Junior Member

Achievements:
    Unfortunately no! I've a long work day ahead of me tomorrow and Tuesday is my 21st so we are prepping the house for a house party. I could probably do a interview on Monday around 5-6 pm PST.

20. Unholysin

Unholysin Guild Social

Achievements:
    We decided to pass on your app, good luck in your search.