Newaahh, Brewmaster Monk

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Newaahh, Feb 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Newaahh

Newaahh Junior Member

Achievements:
    1. Character name: Newaahh
    2. Realm: Andorhal
    3. Primary spec and class: Brewmaster Monk
    4. Battle tag: Newaayy#1345
    5. Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/andorhal/Newaahh/advanced
    6. Epeen Bot link: http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/andorhal/newaahh/
    7. World of Logs parse link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2crz3vhed1cwx8v6/

Section 2: Real Life
    1. Real first name: Chris
    2. Gender: Male
    3. Age: 26
    4. Country/State: US/Iowa
    5. How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?: 8 year
    6. Tell us a little bit about yourself: My name is Chris and I live in West Des Moines, Iowa. I have been playing WoW since the release of BWL. I enjoy raiding and playing this game. I have a strong work ethic and come to raids prepared and knowledgeable on the fight. I have filled many roles while playing this game including healing, dps, and tanking. In addition, I have also held many roles within a guild including MT, Raid Leader, and GM.

When not playing WoW I enjoy working out and hanging with my GF. I also play D3, Hearthstone, LoL, and am excited for Heroes of the Storm.
    7. Upcoming circumstances that can prevent you from raiding: None.

Section 3: Computer
    1. How old is your computer?: 1 year
    2. Video card: Nvidia GTX 690
    3. Amount of memory: 32 GB

Section 4: Short Response
    1. Why did you choose Last Word?: You have very good progression for the amount of hours and days you raid. I want to raid, but don't want to spend 50+ hours doing, nor do I want to spend 5 days and 25 hours a week not progressing through content. Your guild appears to have a good mix of getting things done and not consuming ones life.

2. Reason(s) for leaving your previous guild: I don't enjoy doing monk dps and feel like a burden when I do due to lack of raid CD's. They have 2 tanks. In addition, they start early and since I got a new job I can not 100% make their raid times.

3. What specs/classes have you raided as in the past?: Blood/Frost/Unholy DK, BM/Survival/Marks Hunter, BM/WW Monk, Prot Paladin, Holy Priest, Guardian Druid.

4. Favorite title you've earned on the character you're applying as: the Camel-Hoarder

5. What was your most memorable moment in World of Warcraft so far?: Raiding in BC. All of the tiers were amazing and fun. As far as moment, I would say killing Illidan, as he was the most known character to me at the time after playing WC3.

6. What goals do you wish to achieve in World of Warcraft? Which goals have you already accomplished?: I wish to continue to clear content while having time to do things that I want to do outside of the game. This guild would very much help me in that goal. Meet new people that are like minded and goal oriented to complete the tier as quickly and efficiently as possible.

7. Fill out the template. Include content you've cleared only while it was current: TIER 15: Heroic Throne of Thunder 13/13, Normal Throne of Thunder 12/12, TIER 14: Heroic Mogu’shan Vaults 6/6, Heroic Heart of Fear 6/6, Heroic Terrace of Endless Spring 4/4, Normal Mode 16/16, CATACLYSM: Heroic Dragon Soul 8/8, Heroic Firelands 7/7, Heroic Throne of the Four Winds 0/2, Heroic Bastion of Twilight 0/5, Heroic Blackwing Descent 0/6, WRATH OF THE LICH KING: Heroic Lich King 0/1, Tribute to Insanity Y/N, FEATS OF STRENGTH: I Thought He Was Supposed To Be Hard

Section 5: Theorycrafting
    1. Explain your priority or rotation: Keg Smash on CD, BoK to keep up Shuffle, Jab. This is a basic rotation. Depending on the circumstances, Jab can be replaced with Expel Harm and when I am taking a large amount of damage, use Guard. If no large damage spike is coming I will use it on CD. Keep Elusive Brew up to minimize incoming damage.

2. Haste, Critical, or Mastery? Choose one and explain why: Crit. Crit provides damage as well as avoidance in gaining EB stacks. In addition, the more damage done the more shields that the Statue of the Black Ox puts out. Next is Mastery which puts more damage from hits into Stagger. Haste is last because it falls of in effectiveness first.

3. Is there anything questionable about your gear or reforging decisions? If so, explain here. Otherwise, leave blank:

Section 6: Interface and Binds
    1. What do you have Q, W, E, A, S and D bound to?: Q: Expel Harm W: Forward E: Guard A: Strafe Left S: Back D: Strafe Right

2. Upload a screenshot of your user interface: See below

3. If your keybindings are not shown in the screenshot you provided in question 2, please show them here. Leave blank otherwise:

Section 7: Statistics
    1. How did you learn about us?: wowprogress.com
    2. Besides filling the application out, what did you least like about our application experience?: Nothing really stands out.
    3. Which LWlol.com webpage did you like most?: 'Heroes' of Azeroth

Attached Files:

2. Abbador

Abbador Emeritus

Achievements:
    Most are away atm we will get to this later this evening or more so tmr.

3. Newaahh

Newaahh Junior Member

Achievements:
    Sounds good, thank you for the update.

4. Dan

Dan Founder

Achievements:
    Did you join Simple Math as a Brewmaster or Windwalker monk? I was searching through the SoO logs back to when you joined in October and was unable to find a log of you tanking.

I have a few questions for you about BM since that is the role you're interested in playing.

• For raid progression and learning a fight with current stat weights what do you feel are the best stats for a monk and why?
    • You make no mention of keeping Tiger palm up is there a reason for this?
    • While looking into logs I noticed you don't get to see a lot of raid time and seeing as Simple Math is 14/14 is there a reason you have not seen beyond Heroic Thok?
    • Brewmaster Monks are a vital role is most guilds Heroic Garrosh strategy why was someone else chosen to fulfill this role over you?
    Once I am able to view BM logs I should have some more questions for you.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2014
    4 people like this.
  5. Solar

Solar Guild Social

Achievements:
    are those really dps logs? ... ha?

6. Newaahh

Newaahh Junior Member

Achievements:
    Apologize for the logs, I haven't tanked for SM since the beginning of SoO and I didn't want to leave the spot blank. I filled in as an extra tank when I was needed. Originally I made this character and began raiding at the end of T14 (did Sha progression on a Blood DK). Since I was the third tank, monk made my job easier since monk dps gear is roughly monk tank gear. Halfway through ToT our second tank wanted to go DPS so I filled in as the offtank. This was also good since Provoke was so good on Lei Shen. At the beginning of SoO, the offtank decided he wanted to tank again so I went back to doing dps. As time went on, I raided less due to lack of raid CD's and in general did not enjoy monk dps. The reason I have not raided much recently is due to getting a new job and not be able to make Simple Math's raid schedule.

So I have not seen beyond Siegecrafter or done Heroic Garrosh because they preferred classes with raid CD's and I got a new job and could not make their raid times.

I waited to apply to a guild until my work schedule was finalized and I was sure I could commit to wherever I applied.

I apologize for not mentioning Tiger Palm. Since it is a filler I kind glance over it when I talk about rotation. I also skipped over Black Ox Statue. Tiger Palm increases the effectiveness of Guard and is an important buff to keep up, though as Tiger Palm is a filler, it is usually not an issue.

For stats, I personally prefer Crit -> Mastery -> Haste. Depending on the fight (a heavy hitting physical fight), I would drop some Crit for Mastery and Haste. This allows me to Stagger more damage and the Haste increases the Chi generation used to Purify the Stagger. Critical Strike is used to generate Elusive Brew Stacks, which greatly increases avoidance. In addition it increases damage and the frequency with which the shields from Black Ox statue occur.

I will do LFR tonight and get you those logs. Do you prefer a certain wing?

If you have any other questions please let me know.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014
  7. Newaahh

Newaahh Junior Member

Achievements:
  8. Akky

Akky Senior Member

Achievements:
    more logs! all the logs!
    DONT STOP LOGGING
    But seriously the more you get the better, its our way of judging how you do in fights so the more evidence you give us the better

4 people like this.
  9. Canibehealz

Canibehealz Founder

Achievements:
    Higher difficulty is always better but since were working on the fly here more logs is ALWAYS better than less.

10. Newaahh

Newaahh Junior Member

Achievements:
    I will get you more logs. Do you ever do Flex with alts? I would tank that for better logs. Otherwise I will try looking for a flex or ask SM if I can tank some farm bosses tomorrow.

11. Solar

Solar Guild Social

Achievements:
    This would be your most promising option.
    I wish many successes upon you.

12. Lindorn

Lindorn Officer

Achievements:
    We currently aren't actively looking for another tank at this time.

If you were to be in the guild it would be a 3rd tank position. This would mean that you would only be in for fights that myself or Dan, the other tank, would want to sit on or offspec etc.

If this is something that you would still be interested in, let me know and we can continue the app process.

13. Newaahh

Newaahh Junior Member

Achievements:
    I would be perfectly ok with that.

14. Newaahh

Newaahh Junior Member

Achievements:
    Does anyone stream? Particularly a tank. I would like to watch how you approach these fights, especially the ones I have not done.

15. Solar

Solar Guild Social

Achievements:
    No tanks, yet. Pretty sure Lind has a stream though? Wherever that one raiding race was.

twitch.tv/donnamartin (ret)
    twitch.tv/thechchchchiapet (shadow)
    twitch.tv/the_solarflair (best tauren hunter us/eu)
    twitch.tv/abbadope (chode GM <3)
    twitch.tv/blacklistdd (warlock raid lead)

I would say most all of those are going to be up tonight for farm.

Am I missing anything?
    Oh, and Cani of course:
    twitch.tv/canibehealz (some sort of shaman)

16. Newaahh

Newaahh Junior Member

Achievements:
    Awesome, thank you for the info. I will tune in tonight.

17. Canibehealz

Canibehealz Founder

Achievements:
    Saving the best for last, I see. Thanks @Solarflair !

18. Newaahh

Newaahh Junior Member

Achievements:
    Shaman are relatively boring to watch if what I hear of their rotation is true? :p

Also, female or male Tauren?!

19. Chia

Chia Raider

Achievements:
    View attachment 845

Psst! The adorable shadow priest features a live bunny cam! Don't fall for the wiles of that dirty Tauren hunter traitor!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2014
    4 people like this.
  20. Newaahh

Newaahh Junior Member

Achievements:
    Oh man, that is tempting. This is gonna be a tough decision! Do you guys stream with mumble?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.