Ltshamwow, Resto Shaman

Discussion in 'Archive' started by komosky, Oct 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. komosky

komosky New Member

Achievements:
    **Before you begin to read the application i currently play mainspec elemental, however i am willing to switch mainspec to resto in order to raid, so keep in mind some questions will be answered as ele, and some as resto, respectively as to what the question pertains**

Section 1
    Character

Here we want to see information pertaining to the character you are applying on.

1. Character name: Ltshamwow
    2. Realm: Mal'Ganis
    3. Class: Shaman
    4. Primary spec: Elemental
    5. When did this character become your primary character?: Near the end of ICC
    6. Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/m ... w/advanced
    7. World of Logs parse link (Not required if applying as a tank): (currently unavailable, reason being i recently came back from a hiatus where i left shortly after firelands was released, and my current guild for the last month has not been running logs)

Section 2
    Real Life

As a communal guild, we would like to know a little about you.

1. Real first name: Justin
    2. Gender: Male
    3. Age: 24
    4. Country/State: Canada, Manitoba (Province)
    5. How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?: Since closed beta
    6. Tell us a little bit about yourself: I do promotions and marketing for a large group of nightclubs, lounges, restaurants, and boutiques throughout my city, on top of that I also run my own one person web, print & design firm named KMEDIA which handles web, print & design for the clubs and businesses i work for, i work at home and i love bowling and cruising around the city for leisure :)
    7. Upcoming circumstances that can prevent you from raiding (Raid times are 6:30pm to 10:30pm PST): Currently the only issue i maysee is i bowl wednesdays 6pm-9pm Central time UMT-6 which would make me 15-30 mins late to raid on wednesdays nights, however i do believe that may easily be fixed without any issues.

Section 3
    Computer

We just want to know a little about your computer's stability.

1. How old is your computer?: I consistently update my computers whenever new hardward comes out, ie video cards, memory, hd, processor, mobo, etc.
    2. Video card: 2x (EVGA GeForce GTX 590 Classified Hydro Copper)
    3. Amount of memory: Corsair 8GB DDR3 1600

Section 4
    Short Response

We want to see complete answers to the following questions.

1. Why did you choose Vitality?: I was sitting in Orgrimmar when i noticed a member of your guild spam trade recruiting for your guild, I then decided to whisper them and inquire about the recruitment needs, class specifics, raid days, times, etc. Vitality raid days and times fit well with my current scheduling as well as the level of progression I want to be raiding, the shaman recruitment situation on malganis currently is SOL, regardless of how good you are at playing a shaman, the guild already has their fulltime shaman roster.
    2. Reason(s) for leaving your previous guild: My current guild I will be leaving in order to join Vitality had just decided to stop raiding Earlier sunday night, shortly before i saw the recruitment spam in trade chat for Vitality, the timing couldnt be more perfect.
    3. Do you know anyone in Vitality who will vouch for you as a player?: John Mkryan, forgot his char name in-guild, although we've never played together I did speak exstensively with him while inquiring about the guild.
    4. What other specs/classes have you raided as in the past?: I have literally played as every class and every spec in both PvP and Raiding situations throughout vanilla up until cata.
    5. Most favorite character title you've earned: I'm not a big fan of character titles, but if I absolutely had to pick, it would be a close tie between Hand of A'Dal and Champion of the Naaru considering they are no longer obtainable, i personally believe Blizzard should have never removed raid attunements.
    6. What was your most memorable moment in World of Warcraft? Please be brief: I have so many good moments i can look back on but i would have to think my most memorable moment in WoW would be during Vanilla in AQ40 after raiding 10 hour nights back to back for world and us first kills finally getting our world first Ouro kill (with Ret on Arthas Alliance), and that was soon followed by our North American First C'thun which we grinded out literally the entire day after servers came back up where they hotfixed c'thun so that he was actually killable.
    7. List all of your heroic raid experience (The template is provided below):

Cataclysm: Heroic Firelands 0/7, Heroic Throne of the Four Winds 0/2, Heroic Bastion of Twilight 2/5, Heroic Blackwing Descent 5/6 (would have been 6/6 but raid leader called wipe on heroic nef so half the raid released while 3 ppl left alive finished him off, and the guild never killed him again, such bs)

Wrath of the Lich King: Heroic Icecrown Citadel 12/12, Trial of the Grand Crusader 4/5, Hard Mode Ulduar 10/10

The Burning Crusade: Sunwell 6/6, Black Temple 9/9

Section 5
    Theorycrafting

Here you will prove that you know how to play!

1. Explain your priority or rotation: ideally as a resto shaman going into basics you should always have the following; totems up, earth shield up, water shield up, keep riptide on cooldown, communication amongst other shamans and given raid buffs will help determine which totems should be dropped, as per tank healing you would heal with healing wave, switch to greater healing wave if the tank is about to take a large hit, avoid using healing surge because it is a mana drain, healing raid use healing wave when you need to spot heal, if you can drop a healing rain on 5 or more people it would be ideal to do so, as well as chain heal in damage phases, anticipation and knowing the boss encounter is ideal.
    2. Which rating is the most important to you: Haste, Expertise, Critical, or Mastery? Why?: As resto it would go in order of INT > SPIRIT > HASTE > CRIT > MASTERY (although the lesser 3 are dependant on several factors, ie; raid comp, raid size, hm or nm, etc.)
    3. Is there anything questionable about your gear or reforging decisions? If so, please explain. Otherwise, leave blank: As previously mentioned my mainspec is currently elemental, so there will be a fair amount of my elemental pieces i will be using for resto until said pieces can be replaced properly, however most of the items are non-set / non-spec specific aside from the 3 tier 12 pieces this should not be a major issue.

Section 6
    User Interface and Keybinds

Here you will be showing us your user interface and keybinds!

1. What do you have A, D, Q and E bound to?: Turn Left, Turn Right, interrupt, changes depending on fight / situation (located at "+" position on action bar)
    2. Upload a screenshot of your user interface: http://i.imgur.com/CSG7D.jpg Using a modified version of Roth UI with my own teaks, although not visible now the raid frames appear bottom right to the left of the meter, the meter is also normally much skinnier in order to allow large raid member frames in the raid frame\, spell and comba timers appear on the left hand side of the screen while in combat, and scrolling combat text outgoing on right side, incoming on left side on either side of the character.
    3. If your keybindings are not shown in the screenshot you provided in question 2, please show them here: Mouse 3 - Nature Swiftness Macro, Mouse 4 - Healing Rain, Mouse 5 - Mana Tide.

Section 7
    Statistics

This section is for our data collection purposes.

1. How did you learn about us?: Trade recruitment on Mal'Ganis done by John Mkryan, I forgot his char name in-guild.
    2. What did you think of our application experience?: Exstensive and Necessary, however I would have gone more in-depth with previous guilds and raid exp personally, as well as a question which can easily determine a players competence & common sense necessary to be a successful raider, and a final question of wether or not the person came from a competitive FPS game in which they competed in league and tournament play, such as CS 1.6 / cal-i etc.
    3. Did the example application help you?: I grazed over it, and quickly had a understanding of what was expected in an application.

2. úhÜh

úhÜh Junior Member

Achievements:
    Pretty solid application. And thx for giving more than a 1~3 word answer on the last part. It helps us develop this process for the future. Most people just give "It was nice" or "good."

I am confused thou. In most of the application you go through talking about resto but your Primary spec in the application is listed as Elemental. Is that an oversight or are you apping as either or?

Tonight is raid night so you may see a shaman or an officer post on this as early as tonight.

EDIT: oh and whats your league of legends name? Lol, I had noticed it pinned to your taskbar ^^.

3. komosky

komosky New Member

Achievements:
    Currently my primary spec is Elemental PvE geared towards 10 man raids, However while speaking with your recruiter on Mal'Ganis although I spent most of my time gearing towards ele, you guys currently have 2 solid elemental shamans in your guild, and that spot was non-existent to say the lease, I am willing to switch my main spec to resto and put the time and effort into the gemming, reforging, gearing, speccing, andtheory crafting necessary to fulfill the role to it's extent. So as the excerpt at the beginning of my app explains, I wanted to make sure that you guys understood that I do have a firm understanding of my class, and the ability to play both roles well. TLDR (i'm apping as resto, and more information / theory crafting can be given as requested)

My LoL account is Komosky, this is my real-life last name and you can literally find me on anything with that alias :D

4. Karthak89

Karthak89 New Member

Achievements:
    Hey buddy nice to see you app ! solid app ! :) im going to the gym now, are you available @ 6:15 server for an interview with me if you do well i might let you have my spot for the night.

5. komosky

komosky New Member

Achievements:
    As much as i would be up for that there's the whole getting situated, 30 min logged out before you can transfer, then 5-30 mins for character transfer, about 15 mins to transfer over folders and fix any ad dons that are fubarred, lol

6. ØptimusPrime123

ØptimusPrime123 New Member

Achievements:
  7. komosky

komosky New Member

Achievements:
    Bump?

8. rent

rent Guild Master

Achievements:
    Sorry about the lack of responses, Klutched will get to you soon!

9. komosky

komosky New Member

Achievements:
    it's all good, raid days are always busy, my Real ID is justin@komosky.ca that's also my e-mail address, both are the best ways to contact me as well as txt 2042185306 would be the fastest :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.