Denied lowhrs, shadow/holy priest

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Lowhrs, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Lowhrs

Lowhrs Junior Member

Achievements:
    Section 1: Character
    1. Character name: lowhrs
    2. Realm: lightbringer
    3. Primary spec and class: shadow/holy priest
    4. Battle tag: lowhours#1732
    5. Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightbringer/Lowhrs/simple
    6. Warcraft Logs character ranking: http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/us/Lightbringer/lowhrs/
    7. Parse link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/230789/latest#boss=1786

Section 2: Real Life
    1. Real first name: Brian
    2. Gender: Male
    3. Age: 36
    4. Country/State: US / CA
    5. How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?: 6 years
    6. Tell us a little bit about yourself: Father/Husband and Locomotive Engineer with the railroad for 13yrs. Wow is my hobby, I commit to constant research and upkeep on my class played via theorycraft sites like H2P in both PVE as well as PVP.
    7. Upcoming circumstances that can prevent you from raiding: Career sometimes does not cooperate. I work on call with a 1.5hr call time and a known window of roughly 6-12hrs ahead. If I am not at work I am gaming! Very good with communication about it as well/ keeping the appropriate people updated on my raid status on raid days.

Section 3: Computer
    1. How old is your computer?: 2yrs
    2. Video card: GTX 750Ti
    3. Amount of memory (RAM): 16g

Section 4: Short Response
    1. Why did you choose Last Word?: I was originally from your server Alliance site raiding with a guild name ZugZug back in Icc. Last Word has always been a respected yet competitive guild on that server.

2. Reason(s) for leaving your previous guild: Went to lightbringer for co-workers/ real life friends and family who have left the game.

3. What specs/classes have you raided as in the past?: Priest (Disc/Shadow) Warrior Alt and PVP. Currently Holy because team has surplus Disc. Warlock in WoTLK

4. Favorite title you've earned on the character you're applying to raid with: Bloodsail Admiral (earned while on the clock at work) !

5. What was your most memorable moment in World of Warcraft so far?: ICC Heroic Sindi while on warlock / raid team was a blast.

6. What goals do you wish to achieve in World of Warcraft? Which goals have you already accomplished?: I want to see my class and my play of class excel in all aspects pve/pvp. I would like to find that guild/team that fits as friends/ and competitors as well as the give and take of loyalty. Short term have seen some great heroic play but I am not done! Looking to push the mythic caliber moving forward

7. Fill out the template. Include content you've cleared only while it was current: WARLORDS OF DRAENOR
    TIER 17: Heroic Highmaul 6/6, Heroic Blackrock Foundry 10/10 8/10mythic, HFC 6/13heroic Or if you have mythic experience already, switch heroic to mythic

MISTS OF PANDARIA
    Siege of Orgrimmar 14/14, Heroic Throne of Thunder 0/13, Heroic Mogu’shan Vaults 0/6, Heroic Heart of Fear 0/6, Heroic Terrace of Endless Spring 0/4

CATACLYSM
    Heroic Dragon Soul 0/8, Heroic Firelands 0/7, Heroic Throne of the Four Winds 0/2, Heroic Bastion of Twilight 0/5, Heroic Blackwing Descent 0/6

WRATH OF THE LICH KING
    Heroic Lich King 0/1, Tribute to Insanity:No

FEATS OF STRENGTH
    Replace with server firsts, cutting edge achievements and anything else raid related here...

Section 5: Theorycrafting
    1. Explain your priority or rotation: Playing as AS.
    Based on fight/ pain adds for SA procs and pump DP into priority target while keeping up 4 set in current tier bonus. prioritize my dp / pain / vt and insanity fill when appropriate.

2. Versatility, Multistrike, Haste, Critical, OR Mastery? Choose one and explain why: Critical / Haste
    My pain critical produce more SA in order to provide my DP nukes.

3. Is there anything questionable about your gear, gem or enchant decisions? If so, explain here. Otherwise, leave blank:

Section 6: Interface and Binds
    1. What do you have Q, W, E, A, S and D bound to?: Q: Target Nearest Enemy W: Move Forward E: Target Last Target A: Strafe Left S: Target / Target's Target D:Strafe Right

2. Upload a screenshot of your user interface: Linked at the bottom of the application

3. If your keybindings are not shown in the screenshot you provided in question 2, please show them here. Leave blank otherwise:

Section 7: Statistics
    1. How did you learn about us?: Looking over Ner'Zhul forums and Good to see you guys are still going strong on the server as a community and very competitive still.
    2. Besides filling the application out, what did you least like about our application experience?: Nothing, smooth process.
    3. Which LWlol.com webpage did you like most?: The Cactar / your members are active on the site and share great wealth of information amongst each other!

Attached Files:

2. Unholysin

Unholysin Guild Social

Achievements:
    My mind is already made up but I love quality input from raiders. I think Alame is a little hungover today so maybe later?

3. Alame

Alame Guild Social

Achievements:
    Being hung over & grumpy enhances my ability to maliciously review apps.

My two issues are lack of Mythic experience and mediocre logs. Your performance in heroic is okay, but your performance in Mythic is really not up to par. You're also really inconsistent, there's no general upward trend in your performance week over week, it's all over the place. That kind of inconsistency is really not something we need in our raid.

Also the font choice for your cast bar is ugly.

4. Ka

Ka Guild Social

Achievements:
    We have taken people with less mythic experience and worse logs.

Canibehealz likes this.
  5. Alame

Alame Guild Social

Achievements:
    Did we:
    1. Need their class for a specific reason
    2. Need to fill a hole from a player departing
    3. Need warm bodies to fill roster

We've got a ~24 man roster right now. There's nothing in HFC that makes Shadow Priests specifically good, so accepting this app is either in hopes that he will outperform Chia (unlikely) or be happy riding pine.

Sure, we can toss the guy a trial and see in a live-raid scenario. But we are 2 raid days away from starting Mythic progression. We're not going to have an easy or sheltered time to offer a solid trial - he won't be in for progression and pulling him in for Heroic clears slows us down and eats away at valuable raid time. It's also incredibly disrespectful to the applicant to offer a trial for the sake of it - not only are we burning 2/3 weeks of their time but they're also paying for server/faction transfers for nothing.

There's nothing in the app that makes me believe that we can make this guy an immediate asset to our raid. That combined with the fact that the app is being put in right at the start of progression just makes it a bad idea for us to extend a trial.

Canibehealz likes this.
  6. Ka

Ka Guild Social

Achievements:
    I agree, but if someone is willing to drop the cash and time to try to prove themselves i dont see why not as long as they understand what they are coming into. As someone on the bench for mythics and low on priority for gear in heroic runs

7. Jeathe

Jeathe Raider

Achievements:
    Parses are low, but as you all know that is less important to me than living. And this guy fails both the H&F test and the Thogar test. Died to trains, delayed bombs, standing in void, many many times. With the size of our roster I don't really see a reason to add a low-dps high-death raider.

Canibehealz likes this.