Joint Meeting 11/29/12

Discussion in 'Production' started by rent, Nov 26, 2012.

1. rent

rent Guild Master

Achievements:
    I want to thank you all for showing up tonight for this Joint Team Meeting. I have just pasted the meeting itinerary into mumble channel chat so you can follow the flow of the meeting:

1. Project Backstory
    For specially invited honorary members in attendance

2. Raidcraft Strats
    What is it? Tinderhoof will explain tonight

3. The Cactar design discussion
    Participate in a design session to help complete The Cactar look! Plus a surprise for donors!

4. Release Date
    The Evolution Begins Soon...

A lot of you guys have just joined the production team, and I want to take this time to briefly

catch you guys up on what's been going on the past few months. This supplements the timeline I

released a few weeks ago.

When work on the new website began back in June, I anticipated a release date of mid September. That

was my secret release date. Pre-production work progressed very well. Design meetings were always

very productive with Derek and me exchanging viewpoints and agreeing on a lot of things.

For example, the restricted design of the ShoutBox. We did not want the preferred method of

communication to take place over the ShoutBox, so from the very beginning of its design, it was made

to only allow input from the frontpage.

We knew we wanted it on the frontpage, but during pre-

production, the apparence of the ShoutBox and how it was going to work on the frontpage we never

really decided on.

[​IMG]

Steve never really didn't say much, but what he did say was that he loved how everything was coming

together well. I know he enjoyed listening to us bicker away on the core design.

So June passes and July begins. With pre-production coming along really well, one of the big topics

moved to finding a programmer. During the month of June, I tasked Steve and myself with finding a

programmer who could make everything to specification

We suceed finally, and on July 28th, our first programmer joined the team.

On that same day I declare that the project has entered the production phase.

I was really happy because everything was going perfectly well to meet a September release right

before MoP...

Meanwhile, going back to the ShoutBox, we came up with a solution to the problem, which I called

"The Dashboard"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This was the last piece of the puzzle as far as the front page went

I posted the infamouse project teaser on the 29th of July

[​IMG]

On August 3rd, the first programmer quit the project. At this point it was too late to cancel the

annoucement. After reaching out, Rimefang was able to find a web designer on the 29th. So since

August 29th, I've been working with him to get this new website produced.

There's a lot I didn't say, I could hire someone to write a book about the creation of this website.

So The entire creation of this website has been a very complex story. I first want to take this time

to thank you - Sin, Saitek, Anelace, Rob, Tinder and Steve. First for taking that leap of faith in

supporting this great project, and second for attending this meeting.

Now, one of the big features of The Cactar is called Raidcraft Strats which will be run by Tinderhoof, he's going to explain to you guys what that's all about...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rent

rent Guild Master

Achievements:
    Re: Join Meeting Tonight, 11/29/12 After raid

Updated with meeting itinerary. Meeting will take place after raid in Mumble

3. rent

rent Guild Master

Achievements:
    Re: Joint Meeting Tonight, 11/29/12 After raid

Meeting text updated!

Notes: Green good

4. Abbador

Abbador Emeritus

Achievements:
    Did we find out why the forums dont look like the mock ups and is it possible to add something other then the generic img's on the front page?

** I know your stressed out so dont take any of what I said as hostility.

5. rent

rent Guild Master

Achievements:
    I'm going to address this in a post kinda soon