[Hearthstone] Gameplay Hotseat

Discussion in 'Nest Resources' started by Canibehealz, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Canibehealz

Canibehealz Founder

Achievements:
    Canibehealz submitted a new LWlol Nest Resource:

[Hearthstone] Gameplay Hotseat - Tips/Tricks/Critques/Suggestions for Hearthstone Gameplay!

Read more about this Nest Resource...

2. Cptpoot

Cptpoot Founder

Achievements:
    [​IMG]

3. Omniwrath

Omniwrath Guild Social

Achievements:
    I can't know Donna's cards of course, but based on what he played, you should have won this game. I won't comment on the cards you kept on the draw because I have no clue what is best for your deck. It looked like a good starting hand to me. I will do a turn by turn analysis, skipping turns that are uneventful.

Turn 2:
    I think you should have used coin to play Mana Tide on this turn. Most classes only have 2-4 cards in their deck that can directly remove a 3 health card with only 3 mana. You would have gotten 2 or maybe even 3 cards out of it if you played it here instead of much later. These extra cards may have been game changing, but I won't take them into account.

Turn 3:
    I liked your solution on turn 3, but you made one very important mistake. In most cases, when creatures are summoned via hero powers or spells, those creatures appear to the right of your existing creatures. That means when you play Flametongue Totem you should always play it with a card on it's left. That means, on your next turn if/when you summon another totem, you will now have a card on both sides of Flametongue, thus taking maximum advantage of it's bonus. This would have granted you an additional 2 damage on turn 5.

Turn 4:
    You played Bloodmage Thalnos here. Of course the mage will ping it for 2 mana, which means you're paying 2 mana to draw a card. You're better off holding the Bloodmage to play in conjunction with a damaging spell such as the two Lava Bursts or the Lightning Storm in your hand.

Turn 5:
    I like that you used a Lava Burst here. You had the extra mana, the extra card, and there was a spellpower totem on the board. You did lose 2 damage here though. (see turn 3)

(Donna's ending health: 13)

Turn 6:
    I think using Lava Burst here was risky, and probably a mistake in hindsight. I would generally hold onto it for a slightly better setting (either killing a hero or creature, or until I have some spell power on the board to maximize damage).

Turn 7:
    I think you made a huge mistake here. You have unbound elemental in your hand, and you're about to cast a spell with overload. You should have played the elemental and then used Forked Lightning. (of course the end result on that is still a sheep, but you can't play around the sheep forever)

Turn 8:
    If you didn't play the Unbound Elemental last turn, you definitely should have played it this turn, followed up by Lightning Bolt and a totem.

Turn 9:
    Small mistake here, but an expensive one. Hex gives the creature taunt. You needed to attack Donna with your dragon before you cast hex to get another 4 damage on Donna. You also had 5 mana at the end of this turn and you used it for a totem and Unbound Elemental. This would have been a great time to combo Bloodmage and Lava Burst for an amazing 7 damage compared to the 5 you got earlier.

(Donna's ending health: 7)

Turn 10:
    You're dead next turn, and you know it. Luckily, Donna is dead this turn. Earth Shock removes frozen. Cast blood lust, earth shock your drake, lightning storm his frog (remember we left that there last turn) and go in for a whopping 7 damage.

(Donna's ending health: 0)

I hope you find this helpful, and if you want I can do it for the other games when I get a little more time (finals week).

4. Donna

Donna Raider

Achievements:
    i had 10 pyros in hand cant beat mage

5. Cptpoot

Cptpoot Founder

Achievements:
    Ah that was pretty good insight... I definitely have the "oh fuck I need to remove these things right now" problem where I forget about the unbound elemental. The last two days I've just been playing this deck in constructed and today I put a lot of your tips to work.
    Since Monday I've gone from 3 star gold to 2-star diamond... So thanks!

4 people like this.
  6. Cptpoot

Cptpoot Founder

Achievements:
    PS my mana tide totem has gotten frost bolt'd 100% of the time early vs mages. :\

7. Omniwrath

Omniwrath Guild Social

Achievements:
    I hear you, and that's realistic concern against mages, but still, there are only 2 frostbolts in his deck, so when you have board control and play it on turn 2 then the odds are as good as it gets.

8. Canibehealz

Canibehealz Founder

Achievements:
    Yup. Longer you wait the higher the chance a mage has Frostbolt in their hand. If I can coin an MTT turn 2 I usually do. Depends on what else is in my hand but if its an option its usually the one I take.

9. Cptpoot

Cptpoot Founder

Achievements:
    I just played a druid with Ysera, Onyxia, Ragnaros, and Deathwing. I managed to Faceless deathwing and hex him... by then though I was out of taunts and at 2 health and could only strike with him once before I was hero power'd to death.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.