Accepted Deftz, Arcane Mage

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Deft, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Deft

Deft Raider

Achievements:
    Section 1: Character
    1. Character name: Deftz
    2. Realm: US - Hyjal
    3. Primary spec and class: Arcane Mage
    4. Battle tag: Deft#1950
    5. Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/hyjal/Deftz/advanced
    6. Warcraft Logs character rankings: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/8650061/latest/#boss=0
    7. Parse link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/8650061/latest/#boss=0

Section 2: Real Life
    1. Real first name: Andrew
    2. Gender: Male
    3. Age: 21
    4. Country/State: USA/TN
    5. How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?: 9 years
    6. Tell us a little bit about yourself: I'm a 21 year old currently double majoring in neuroscience and biomedical engineering at Vanderbilt University. In addition to medical school aspirations, I'm an avid soccer player, and have played extensively for school and country, with over 50 caps for the USA U-18, U-21, and U-23 squads. Outside of WoW, I'm also an avid LoL player reaching D1 last season and currently sitting at D3.
    7. Upcoming circumstances that can prevent you from raiding: None

Section 3: Computer
    1. How old is your computer?: 1 year, custom build.
    2. Video card: nVidia GTX 770
    3. Amount of memory (RAM): 8.00 GB

Section 4: Short Response
    1. Why did you choose Last Word?: You reached out to me on the forums, and your raid times and progression match what I'm looking for.

2. Reason(s) for leaving your previous guild: Was kicked due to taking a week-long vacation. I had posted out 3 weeks prior, and came back guildless. Since being with them from the first week of April, I had missed 1 raid day in total, so it seemed a bit childish. Didn't bother trying to work it out with the officers (I was actually the recruitment officer) since they seemed to be a bunch of kids.

3. What specs/classes have you raided as in the past?: Have mained a mage since SSC/TK. Since then, I've played hunter, rogue, and warlock alts with great success.

4. Favorite title you've earned on the character you're applying to raid with: the Patient

5. What was your most memorable moment in World of Warcraft so far?: Ice floes mass-rezzing the raid group in the water after a brackenspore wipe.

6. What goals do you wish to achieve in World of Warcraft? Which goals have you already accomplished?: I just really enjoy playing mage at a high level. It's a lot of fun to me, and whether that be in PVE or PVP, I want to keep at it. I'd like to think that I'm pretty decent at this class, so being a key component in a well-oiled raid or rbg team is what I strive towards. I've been on the bleeding edge of raiding before, so that is no longer my #1 priority. Having a cohesive progression environment is my top goal now.

7. Fill out the template. Include content you've cleared only while it was current: WARLORDS OF DRAENOR
    TIER 18: Mythic Hellfire Citadel 4/13
    TIER 17: Mythic Highmaul 6/7 (missing butcher), Mythic Blackrock Foundry 10/10

MISTS OF PANDARIA
    Mythic Siege of Orgrimmar 14/14, Heroic Throne of Thunder 6/13, Heroic Mogu’shan Vaults 0/6, Heroic Heart of Fear 0/6, Heroic Terrace of Endless Spring 0/4

CATACLYSM
    Heroic Dragon Soul 0/8, Heroic Firelands 0/7, Heroic Throne of the Four Winds 2/2, Heroic Bastion of Twilight 4/5, Heroic Blackwing Descent 5/6

WRATH OF THE LICH KING
    Heroic Lich King 1/1, Tribute to Insanity: Yes

FEATS OF STRENGTH
    Mythic Blackhand, Imperator, Garrosh, Server first Heroic Halion, Lich King, Yogg+0, Algalon, Firefighter

Section 5: Theorycrafting
    1. Explain your priority or rotation: Arcane: Alternating burn/conserve cycles.

Conserve - maintain >87% mana while casting arcane blast, save 1 charge of missiles for Prophecy of Fear procs.
    Burn - Get 4 stacks of arcane charge, use all missiles charges for potential 4p amplification, drop crystal, pop cds, and spam AB.

Burn when cds are up, or hold it for a +damage mechanic (ring, lust, gorefiend feast, etc.)

Frost: Cast frostbolt during water jet up to 3 stacks of FoF before icelance weaving, frozen orb on add waves, icy veins for +damage mechanics. If there are 2 targets up, prioritize icelance weaving and hold on to brain freeze charges for movement. If single target, brain freeze takes priority over icelance weaving.

2. Versatility, Multistrike, Haste, Critical, OR Mastery? Choose one and explain why: Arcane: Haste. With current setups, haste is our best stat due to the interaction with our tier and PoF. Our 2p pets, and by association, arcane missiles, loves haste due to certain swing breakpoints where our pets gain an extra 1-2 attacks for the duration. Since we aren't using supernova (which loves mastery) as much, haste is also the best stat for unstable magic.

Frost: Multistrike. Benefits from the spec bonus, and due to the amount of instant casts/fire and forget spells that are used, this is what we scale best with.

3. Is there anything you think we may question about your gear, gem or enchant decisions? If so, explain here. Otherwise, leave blank: Probably not.

Section 6: Interface and Binds
    1. What do you have Q, W, E, A, S and D bound to?: Q: Strafe left W: Move forward E: Strafe Right A: AoE spell S: Move backwards D: prismatic crystal

2. Upload a screenshot of your user interface: Linked at the bottom of the application

3. If your keybindings are not shown in the screenshot you provided in question 2, please show them here. Leave blank otherwise:

Section 7: Statistics
    1. How did you learn about us?: Reached out to me on my lfg post.
    2. Besides filling the application out, what did you least like about our application experience?: I was expecting Garrosh as the picture for section 7. 2/10 poor continuity of bosses
    3. Which LWlol.com webpage did you like most?: The stream compilation is pretty sweet.

Attached Files:

2. Dan

Dan Founder

Achievements:
    Having spoke with you last night, we would like to offer you a trial with Last Word, feel free to transfer over whenever.

3. Chachi

Chachi Raider

Achievements:
    1. I like this guy better than hugs as well.
    2. This guys is literally too good at everything, tell me youre ugly as fuck or something.

4. landorus

landorus Raider

Achievements:
    Looks reaaaaaaaaal good. One gripe, you have a socketed PoF, which you won't replace until mythic...put a real gem in it bro. Other than that pretty solid. Plz show up hugs, maybe he wont talk as much

Jeathe likes this.
  5. Givemeahug

Givemeahug Raider

Achievements:
    VANDERBILT? I live in Murfreesboro and work at Saint Thomas Health.