Dashboard Mockups post 8/14 Meeting

Discussion in 'Production' started by rent, Aug 3, 2012.

1. rent

rent Guild Master

Achievements:
    Messing with 4 buttons at bottom don't look there

[​IMG]

2. rent

rent Guild Master

Achievements:
    Heres the latest one. I'm thinking of moving the video box (feature box) to the left side

3. Sylver

Sylver Junior Member

Achievements:
    I think it'd look spiffy with the image on the left and the content on the right. Makes more "sense" to me, granted my brain works in strange ways, since then it would be more like the cover or title page of a book, with the content waiting on the 'inside' or 'next page' so to speak.

4. rent

rent Guild Master

Achievements:
    My logic for moving the video to the left is because users are accustomed to it being on the left example: YouTube. Mumble/Twitter will move to the right

5. Sylver

Sylver Junior Member

Achievements:
    Seems to have a lot more internet logic than my reasoning, but with the same end result - woo!

6. rent

rent Guild Master

Achievements:
    And with the ShoutBox being above the video box, it will also be one of the natural places to discuss the video.

7. rent

rent Guild Master

Achievements:
    [​IMG]

8. rent

rent Guild Master

Achievements:
    I'm going to make another pass on the bottom 4 buttons in the dashboard

9. rent

rent Guild Master

Achievements:
    Lots of iteration on the Dashboard

One of the big changes is ShoutBox is larger. After using ShoutBox on Testbed, it obvious that fitting it into a small area as originally planned would make using the ShoutBox an awful user experience.

Feature was moved to the right side of the Dashboard to balance the layout better.

Center Ray was redone to not be the center of attention, now it fades to black

[​IMG]

10. rent

rent Guild Master

Achievements:
    Mini Dashboard vs. The Dashboard

They are two different things.

The Dashboard is on the frontpage only. This is the only place you can input content into the ShoutBox, and see Mumble stuff. Additionally, there is a Twitter feed and displays new threads made in The Cactar.

The Mini Dashboard will appear on multiple pages on the site. It will appear in The Cactar, Cactar Chat, and the Stream Page. The Mini Dashboard displays content being posted in the ShoutBox. It can only display content, you may not input stuff into the ShoutBox from the Mini Mini Dashboard. Mini Dashboard also displays new thread being posted in The Cactar.