Accepted Computah, Aff/Destro Warlock

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Computah, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Computah

Computah Raider

Achievements:
    Section 1: Character
    1. Character name: Computah
    2. Realm: Mug'thol
    3. Primary spec and class: Aff/Destro Warlock
    4. Battle tag: Computah#1176
    5. Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/mugthol/Computah/advanced
    6. Warcraft Logs character rankings: most recent log below
    7. Parse link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ygfJpMw8Zt3WAmNP#fight=1

Section 2: Real Life
    1. Real first name: Bobby
    2. Gender: Male
    3. Age: 23
    4. Country/State: Massachusetts
    5. How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?: from about a month prior to Burning Crusade
    6. Tell us a little bit about yourself: I stare at my computer all day playing minesweeper and watching Star Trek.
    7. Upcoming circumstances that can prevent you from raiding: None. I have a lot of free time and no scheduling conflicts.

Section 3: Computer
    1. How old is your computer?: About 1.5 years old.
    2. Video card: 750 Ti
    3. Amount of memory (RAM): 8GB

Section 4: Short Response
    1. Why did you choose Last Word?: A friend told me that a spot was available and based on your progression you guys seem like a more productive environment than my last guild.

2. Reason(s) for leaving your previous guild: They are no longer progressing mythic.

3. What specs/classes have you raided as in the past?: All three lock specs, and I am prepared to play any of the three when the fight calls for it. I have a little experience with boomkin but given the option I prefer focus on one character.

4. Favorite title you've earned on the character you're applying to raid with: I like having no title.

5. What was your most memorable moment in World of Warcraft so far?: Killing Lady Vashj way back in patch 2.4 when I was a clueless clicker offtank. First time I really felt like I did something legit.

6. What goals do you wish to achieve in World of Warcraft? Which goals have you already accomplished?: Achievements and items can be obtained in a number of ways. Damage ranks are rarely a direct analogue of actual contribution to a kill. Guild ranks never come down to one person. The only people I want to impress are those who know what is needed to win fights.
    My satisfaction comes from doing a ton of priority target or execute damage on the fight with the hard execute phase, learning a mechanic quickly and never messing it up, or stepping up to the plate when my class is extremely effective at something (like soaking Blade Dash on Maidens or going demo to burst down difficult aoe adds). My goal is to be useful.

7. Fill out the template. Include content you've cleared only while it was current: WARLORDS OF DRAENOR
    TIER 18: Mythic Hellfire Citadel 2/13
    TIER 17: Mythic Highmaul 6/7, Mythic Blackrock Foundry 8/10

MISTS OF PANDARIA
    Mythic Siege of Orgrimmar 14/14, Heroic Throne of Thunder 8/13, Heroic Mogu’shan Vaults 0/6, Heroic Heart of Fear 0/6, Heroic Terrace of Endless Spring 0/4

CATACLYSM
    Heroic Dragon Soul 0/8, Heroic Firelands 0/7, Heroic Throne of the Four Winds 0/2, Heroic Bastion of Twilight 0/5, Heroic Blackwing Descent 0/6

WRATH OF THE LICH KING
    Heroic Lich King 0/1, Tribute to Insanity: No

FEATS OF STRENGTH
    Replace with server firsts, cutting edge achievements and anything else raid related here...

Section 5: Theorycrafting
    1. Explain your priority or rotation: [Affliction]: maintain dots (agony>corruption>UA) > maintain SB Haunt > Haunt if 3-4 shards > Drain Soul
    Try to Dark Soul with every ring. Try to save second Dark Soul charge for execute. Know when to utilize the sb:haunt refresh window to A: avoid wasting shards,B: make use of smaller procs, or C: time haunt to be refreshable at the tail end by 4pct18 when dark soul is coming up. Soul Swap can be used either to initially apply full dots and 10 stack agony to a new long term add (at the manageable risk of losing sb:haunt uptime) or swapping to short lived adds that need the help and can be drained to repay the shard cost.

[Destruction]:(with class trink, with embers to spend) maintain trink debuff > cbolt on ds/ring/avoid capping > maintain trink debuff > cbolt on moderate procs > maintain immolate > conflagrate > incinerate
    Precast havoc before timed short term add to fit in second havoc at end. Dark Soul with ring>DSI proc.

I really don't have much insight into Demo this tier as the reasons to play it have dwindled with the buffs to other specs. Ultimately it's about planning your fury, and planning your cooldown/burn phases more so than any other spec.

2. Versatility, Multistrike, Haste, Critical, OR Mastery? Choose one and explain why: Mastery. Destro and Demo are about building and spending. Mastery buffs your spenders. When gear and execution go up, the spender slice of your breakdown increases and the value of mastery increases in stride. Both haste and mastery are similarly good for affliction and haste can pull ahead by a little at certain points. However, mastery is always the primary focus because it is always good for every spec if only sometimes not the absolute best. Being more or less geared for every spec is invaluable.

3. Is there anything you think we may question about your gear, gem or enchant decisions? If so, explain here. Otherwise, leave blank:

Section 6: Interface and Binds
    1. What do you have Q, W, E, A, S and D bound to?: Q: Soulburn/Havoc/Metamorphosis W: Forward E: Haunt/Chaos Bolt/ Hand of Gul'dan A: Strafe Left S:Backpedal D: Strafe Right

2. Upload a screenshot of your user interface: Linked at the bottom of the application

3. If your keybindings are not shown in the screenshot you provided in question 2, please show them here. Leave blank otherwise:

Section 7: Statistics
    1. How did you learn about us?: A friend (Archangelon) told me that you were looking for warlocks.
    2. Besides filling the application out, what did you least like about our application experience?: Personally I'd rather it just be a forum template which is easier to save locally.
    3. Which LWlol.com webpage did you like most?: The apply page. Pandas are p-cool.

Attached Files: