Cant extend raid id bug fix

Discussion in 'General' started by Unholysin, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Unholysin

Unholysin Guild Social

Achievements:
    This is a known issue and its not an addon, blizz broke their shit. There is a workaround that works from this post: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15162417783?page=3#44

I have this bug since last ID and it is bugging me a lot. Blizzard support just told me several times in the beginning it is my fault because of Addons. Then I talked to them on the phone, they understood and told me just to wait one ID. I did, but same error. Then they told me, they know about they problem and will fix it soon.

I cannot fix the error messages, but what I can do to help you is to tell you how to extend your Raid IDs with this bug and without beeing able to access the interface to extend the raid lockouts. Another thing: Please don't try deleting your addons or anything else - It does not help! Also not going to 5 man instances does not help everyone - as for me the id of the instance that is to high also includes a raid instance.

Please don't bug me because of my english, I play on a German server and just wanted to give the english players also the solution, as I know how annoying this and Blizzard support can be.

So here is my solution. First let you show all your saved instances with this chat command:
    /run for i=1,GetNumSavedInstances() do n,id,_,_,active,extended,_,_,_,d = GetSavedInstanceInfo(i) print(n,d,id,active,extended) end

Should look like this: http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=2785ff-1437298777.png

What you see is a list of all your instances you are saved to. You get 4 pieces of information:

• Name of the instance
    • ID of the instance as a number
    • Boolean if the id is active or not (true or false)
    • Boolean if the id is currently extended or not (true or false)

What you need to do now is to choose the instance you want to extend. Let's say in my example I choose choose "Shadowmoon Burial Grounds Mythic". This instance is now not active (false) and not extended (false). I have to count which entry this instance is. So I count from to top of the list. Shadowmoon Burial Grounds is the 5th entry in this list. Now I am able to extend this instance with the following command (Please replace number 5 with the number of the instance you want to extend):

/run SetSavedInstanceExtend(5, true)

If this has worked (be aware of not having a blank space before the /) you get a message in yellow saying:
    "Your Instance lock for Shadowmoon Burial Grounds (Mythic) has been extended".

You can verify this with entering command 1 above again. The instance you extended should now show a "true" value as the 4th/last value instead of an "false" value before.

If you want to remove the raid extension again you can do so with the following command (again choose the appropriate number instead of 5):
    /run SetSavedInstanceExtend(5, false)

Hope this helps - For me it saved my raid. :)
    Cheers,
    Marlene

2. Abbador

Abbador Emeritus

Achievements:
  3. Unholysin

Unholysin Guild Social

Achievements:
    bump for this shit still being broken ;/

4. earthwormjim

earthwormjim Not GM

Achievements:
    Wonder if there is an addon that can handle this.

5. Unholysin

Unholysin Guild Social

Achievements:
    Bump for still being broke.

6. earthwormjim

earthwormjim Not GM

Achievements:
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
    Unholysin and Canibehealz like this.