Canibehealz, Resto Shaman - Approved

Discussion in 'Archive' started by rent, Jul 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rent

rent Guild Master

Achievements:
    Section 1 
    Character

Here we want to see information pertaining to the character you are applying on.

1. Character name: Canibehealz
    2. Realm: Crushridge[H]
    3. Class: Shaman
    4. Primary spec: Restoration (though I am experienced and comfortable playing elemental)
    5. When did this character become your primary character?: Right before the second wing was opened up in ICC
    6. Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/crushridge/canibehealz/advanced
    7. World of Logs parse link (Tanks excluded): http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/20567/calendar/06-12/

Section 2
    Real Life

As a communal guild, we would like to know a little about you.

1. Real first name: Chadd
    2. Gender: Male
    3. Age: 23
    4. Country/State: Canada/Ontario
    5. How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?: Just shy of 5 years.
    6. Tell us a little bit about yourself: Born and raised in Southern Ontario, Canada right near the US border. I enjoy reading, games, and have a thing for tending bar. I'm usually the guy mixing cocktails or making shots at the party. My favorite fictional character is probably Doctor Hannibal Lecter, both in the novels by Thomas Harris and his portrayal by Sir Hopkins in the movies.
    7. Upcoming circumstances that can prevent you from raiding (7:15pm to 10:30pm Pacific Time Monday through Thursday): Occasionally I get scheduled for a Thursday evening shift which ends at 7pm, making me approximately 10-15 minutes late... but it only happens when unavoidable things happen such has graduations, funerals etc from other staff at my work. Typically my schedule leaves me wide open for raids because I'm in the Eastern time zone. I get my schedule usually one month at a time, so it shouldn't be a problem giving notice.

Section 3
    Computer

We just want to know a little about your computer's stability.

1. How old is your computer?: 1.5 years
    2. Video card: AMD Radeon HD 6800
    3. Amount of memory: 4gb

Section 4 
    Short Response

We want to see complete answers to the following questions.

1. Why did you choose Last Word?: A good friend and fellow raider had mentioned that this guild would be a great fit for those of us leaving our current guild. (Information outlined below) Your raid times work perfectly and your recruitment is open for all classes – I'm hoping this gives me a chance at continuing to raid with my friends I've come to love over my time in Cursed with Awesome. The level of progression Last Word has shown is also something I've come to recognize in this game as being successful and its something I like to be a part of.
    2. Reason(s) for leaving your previous guild: Cursed with Awesome dropped from 25 man raiding down to 10 man when the roster just could not be kept up, despite continued efforts from officer and raiders to keep forums active and websites updated. This past week, due to inconsistency that could no longer be tolerated from some players, we have made the decision to stop raiding entirely.
    3. Do you know anyone in Last Word who will vouch for you as a player?: No.
    4. What other specs/classes have you raided as in the past?
    Elemental Shaman
    Fire/Frost/Arcane Mage (primary alt through late Firelands and all Dragon Soul – Old main until ICC)
    Surv/Marks/BM Hunter(primary alt during Firelands)
    Prot Paladin (Primary alt during ICC and early Cata)
    5. Your favorite character title: “...of the Four Winds”, simply because it was an uncommon title. Even if people did have it, they rarely wore it.
    6. What was your most memorable moment in World of Warcraft? Please be brief: The first thing that comes to mind is when resto shamans were crazy overpowered during the Twin Valks in ToGC. Standing in the doorway and spamming chain heal just to completely stomp the other healers throughput just made me smile like crazy. I imagine its what Death Knights felt like on Wrath launch.
    7. Fill out the template below

Cataclysm: Heroic Dragon Soul 8/8, Heroic Firelands 7/7(6/7 prenerf), Heroic Throne of the Four Winds 2/2, Heroic Bastion of Twilight 5/5(3/5 during current progression – went back 2 months later for Sinestra and got council during meta achievement run later), Heroic Blackwing Descent 5/5

Wrath of the Lich King: Heroic Icecrown Citadel 11/12, Trial of the Grand Crusader 5/5, Hard Mode Ulduar 10/10(7/10 while current)

The Burning Crusade: Sunwell 6/6(0 current), Black Temple 9/9(0 current)

Section 5
    Theorycrafting

Here you will prove that you know how to play!

1. Explain your priority or rotation
    Typically for Restoration: Int>Spir>Haste(916)>Mastery=Crit=Haste  / Spell Priority: Keep Earth Shield and Water Shield active, Riptide rolling on three targets.
    2. Which rating is most important to you: Haste, Expertise, Critical, or Mastery? Why?: Currently Mastery is theorycrafted to be the best performing Restoration stat. Personally I try to maintain a balance between Critical and Mastery, rating wise. Mastery is always working. As soon as someones health dips, it goes into effect and I begin to heal for more. With the large damage spikes some tanks take on Impales on Madness, Blackhorn at high Veng stacks, Ultraxion soaks etc it is the most effective stat for healing this tier.
    3. Is there anything questionable about your gear or reforging decisions? If so, explain here. Otherwise, leave blank:  Generally speaking all the secondary stats for Restoration Shamans work well and healing is left more towards the players playstyle. I think my forging may seem questionable because of my stat balance. I like to keep approximately 25% Critical Chance raid buffed so that my Ancentral Fortitude buff has a high uptime – it also provides a good portion of mana regeneration via Resurgence.

Section 6
    User Interface and Keybinds

Here you will be showing us your user interface and keybinds!

1. What do you have A, D, Q and E bound to?: Default movement. I strafe quite a bit, but don't keyboard turn. Sometimes I strafe by holding my right mouse button down and pressing the turn keys.
    2. Upload a screenshot of your user interface: http://i.imgur.com/XX96H.jpg
    3. If your keybindings are not shown in the screenshot you provided in question 2, please show them here:  Generally all of my keybinds are shown here. I have Alt+1-Alt+6 bound to my G15's G1-G6 buttons. An injury to my hand when I was younger sort of limits extended mobility, so I avoid binding to keys like g,h,t,y,f,r,c,v,b,z,x. If an encounter or trash requires repeated reapplication of crowd-control I rebind accordingly. I also move abilities around for pvping.

Section 7 
    Statistics

This section is for our data collection purposes.

1. How did you learn about us?: Another applicant – Cadavera/Matt.
    2. What did you think of our application experience?: It was alright. Personally, I'm a fan of you asking applicants to keep formatting in there. It acts as an intelligence check as well as a check to see if people can follow directions. As a plus, it makes it easy to read too. :) I would have liked to have seen a few more questions about alternate characters or secondary specializations.
    3. Did the example application help you?: I browsed it a little bit and it was helpful where I needed it to be.

As an additional note, I was told to include a little blurb at the end of my application regarding my current offspec. I am fully versed in the ins and outs of Elemental too and am completely comfortable playing Elemental if that is needed instead of a Restoration shaman. If needed, I can supply another copy of some questions from the application with different answers regarding Elemental.[/quote]

2. Cptpoot

Cptpoot Founder

Achievements:
    Re: Canibehealz, Resto Shaman

if this whole guild is applying, why do they need private apps... lol

3. rent

rent Guild Master

Achievements:

qft

4. Aggo

Aggo Raider

Achievements:

Good parses and all but 10 man resto shaman healing is completely different than 25 man. If he's willing to make the adjustable switches in his build so that he'll be better for a 25 man scenario I'd say it's worth a shot but we could use a backup ele Shaman.

5. Canibehealz

Canibehealz Founder

Achievements:
    Swapping my build around isn't much of a problem. I'm familiar with the contrast between 10 and 25 man resto shaman healing. I went from 25s to 10s(briefly) then back to 25s and back down to a 10 man core team with CwA not long into Dragon Soul progression. Depending on the typical healing composition I'd flip some forges around too, I think. My personal crit preference is based on a 10 man healing comp of RSham + Hpal. Its been 3/4s of the tier since I've been healing in a 25 man, but I don't think it will cause much of an issue.

I think it was explained to Abbador why we all chose to submit privately, if it wasn't I'm sorry. I look forward to explaining it when I see you all next week. I should be over sometime during the weekend. Just gathering up some stuff from alts etc while I can. These last few days have been crazy for me.

6. Cptpoot

Cptpoot Founder

Achievements:
    It was just funny that there were so many of a 10 man group applying. Excited to have you all, though!

7. Cadavera

Cadavera Junior Member

Achievements:
    2 key members had no desire to continue raiding at any kind of competitive level, and we were all getting tired of carrying another member whom we couldn't get rid of without losing another (they're a couple). So 4/10, plus 1 is still torn over what they plan to do for MoP, leaving hopefully 2 more great players for you to pick up.

Were trying to convince them to throw up an app, who knows what they will decide.

I know this isn't my app, but I want to say a big thank you for letting us continue to raid together.

8. Canibehealz

Canibehealz Founder

Achievements:
    I'm excited to be here. After reading some responses you've had on the forums to some people, like the one linked in your signature, I'm glad I'm not on the receiving end of it. :p

9. Makeitwitchu

Makeitwitchu Raider

Achievements:
    Bitches ain't nothing but hoes in tricks. that's all i gotta say about what we were carrying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.