Withdrawn Botmäßigkeit, Affliction/Destruction and Warlock

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Vaivara, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Vaivara

Vaivara New Member

Achievements:
    Section 1: Character
    1. Character name: Botmäßigkeit
    2. Realm: Mal'Ganis
    3. Primary spec and class: Affliction/Destruction and Warlock
    4. Battle tag: Benjamin#1462
    5. Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Botmäßigkeit/simple
    6. Warcraft Logs character ranking: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/994036/latest/#boss=0
    7. Parse link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/jJH7VkZrCTh69dgb#fight=45

Section 2: Real Life
    1. Real first name: Benjamin
    2. Gender: Male
    3. Age: 22
    4. Country/State: Missouri
    5. How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?: Since BC. Too long.
    6. Tell us a little bit about yourself: I graduated from the University of Arizona with a degree in Organismal Biology and German Studies. I enjoy rock climbing in the mountain ranges that surround Tucson. Unfortunately there are no rocks or mountains in Missouri. I am currently residing in Missouri to attend medical school and receive an MA in Bioethics. If there is anything else you require, or if you want more extensive answers, please feel free to let me know. I apologize if there is an apparent "rushing" sense with this application, but that was not my intention.
    7. Upcoming circumstances that can prevent you from raiding: I periodically will attend a bioethical conference in Houston, Texas October 25 for three days to present research. Nothing else will conflict.

Section 3: Computer
    1. How old is your computer?: 3 months
    2. Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750Ti (upgrading soon)
    3. Amount of memory (RAM): 10GB

Section 4: Short Response
    1. Why did you choose Last Word?: To be quite honest I saw you post on my forum post that I was looking for a guild. I checked out the site and immediately fell in love with the dinosaur on the front page. I like dinosaurs.

2. Reason(s) for leaving your previous guild: Guild broke up randomly one night. Very unexpected. Five officers, including the GM, stated they wanted to wait until Legion.

3. What specs/classes have you raided as in the past?: I have raided as a Warlock since WOTLK as all three specs. I have seen the various good/bad changes to Warlocks over the years. I used to raid as an Enhance Shaman in TBC. I have had a Hunter as my main alt for alt raids and split runs since TBC.

4. Favorite title you've earned on the character you're applying to raid with: Death's Demise. I no longer have the title though as I do not have that old account.

5. What was your most memorable moment in World of Warcraft so far?: I think being US3 for Glory of Cataclysm with <Enigma> on Deathwing was amazing. We were front page over Midwinter. It was coo coo.

6. What goals do you wish to achieve in World of Warcraft? Which goals have you already accomplished?: I want to finish clearing the content. Since that goal is not accomplished, onward!

7. Fill out the template. Include content you've cleared only while it was current: BC - Cata: I raided with <Foundation> on Boulderfist for the greater portion of this time. We fluctuated between US80 - 100 on end content bosses. I left at the start of T11 when the majority of our core players did not return. We were progressing on Heroic Halfus at the time and recruitment was low as Boulderfist was a dying server. I decided to find a new home and progress with friends. During this time my main was a Warlock. We did split runs each tier where I also played Enhance/Restoration shaman.

Cata - Mist: I raided throughout my time with <Enigma> on Deathwing. At the peak of Cata, we had a US13 Sinestra, US3 Glory of Catacylsm Raider, US4 Deathwing, etc. After Deathwing, the guild died out. Some individuals still stayed and formed an alternate 10m guild, continuing to farm Dragon Soul. During this time I decided to join <Traumatic> with a few friends. A casual, 3 night guild, I stayed and began to raid in Mists with them. We were 14/16 Heroic in the first tier before I decided to quit for real life regards. At this time I was still main for Warlock but I also began to bring my Hunter to split runs.

Mist - WOD: I decided to transfer to Mal'Ganis and I began to play with old <Enigma> friends, as well as friends from real life and across other top US100 guilds in <Button Mashers>. We were only playing 3 nights a week and we cleared SOO heroic multiple times before WOD was released. Since WOD was released, we have raided 7/7 Mythic Highmaul and 7/10 Mythic Blackrock. After losing members to the ban waves, I decided to join <No Medal Boy> and finish being US95 for Blackhand. <No Medal Boys> recently split due to 5 officers randomly stating they were not enjoying the game. I want to continue playing and do not want to wait for people to re-build the guild.

Feats of Strength (on old account): Deaths Demise, Grand Crusader, Magic Seeker, Celestial Defender, Sinestra, etc. I can't remember all of them, I apologize.

Section 5: Theorycrafting
    1. Explain your priority or rotation: Affliction:
    Pre-cast soulburn (we were getting a 20s timer in my last guild to effectively get an extra shard at start)
    Pre-pot at 3.1s
    Begin pre-cast of haunt at 2.9-3.0s (given cast and travel time of haunt)
    Cast UA
    Cast Agony
    Cast Corr
    Dark Soul + Racial CDs
    Begin channeling drain soul until required to re-cast dots with uptime (this includes maintenance of SB: Haunt)

During this time I should mention that I will have to periodically casting Soulburn to avoid capping on shards. This is especially noticeable with the class trinket or on fights like council with proper Corr management/RNG.

Destruction:
    Pre-pot at 3.2s (with my give haste the incinerate is around 2.4s cast time in addition to the 0.7s travel cast time to proc trinkets in pre-pull)
    Pre-cast Incinerate at 3-4s on the countdown
    Pre-cast Immolate
    Doomguard (if used on pull)
    Dark Soul + Racial CDs
    Conflagrate x2
    Incinerate x 2 (I usually will end up using one full backdraft proc with CB depending on ember generation at this point to avoid capping)
    Chaos Bolt (as many as you can fit in during trinket uptime/ember generation)
    Re-apply immolate (timing depends on maximal effect for pandemic)
    Incinerate spam, use Conflagrate charge
    Finish dump of remaining generation of embers with CB
    Rinse and repeat

With this spec, abuse of Havoc with Shadowburn is essential on fights such as Socrethar, Gorefiend, HFA, etc. Mouse-over Havoc/Shadowburn macro for maximal effect when sniping Shadbowburns is possible.

2. Versatility, Multistrike, Haste, Critical, OR Mastery? Choose one and explain why: Mastery. It is hands down the best stat for all 3 specs, making it easier to switch between the three.

3. Is there anything questionable about your gear, gem or enchant decisions? If so, explain here. Otherwise, leave blank: There is a 50 mastery gem in my cloak that I recently got. I can replace it no problem.

Section 6: Interface and Binds
    1. What do you have Q, W, E, A, S and D bound to?: Q: W: E: A: S: D:
    Nothing. I have them as usual because most movement I use with my mouse.

2. Upload a screenshot of your user interface: Linked at the bottom of the application

3. If your keybindings are not shown in the screenshot you provided in question 2, please show them here. Leave blank otherwise: They are in the screenshot but they are shift 1-12 modifiers for my Nagga. Still updating my UI again.

Section 7: Statistics
    1. How did you learn about us?: You like dinosaurs.
    2. Besides filling the application out, what did you least like about our application experience?: It is very long. This may be the longest application in my guild experience haha.
    3. Which LWlol.com webpage did you like most?: I guess the homepage is cool?

Attached Files:

2. Canibehealz

Canibehealz Founder

Achievements:
    Curious about the old account - what happened to it etc.

Reminds me of that time we had a Mage who claimed to be in on some super top Spine kill. Was it Exodus? I cant even remember. I hate people with old accounts. :(

Looks like he knows how to play his specs though so it doesn't really matter.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  3. Jeathe

Jeathe Raider

Achievements:
  4. Canibehealz

Canibehealz Founder

Achievements:
    First thing I thought of too. And then thought of reserving his name on server if he was accepted just to force his ass to name change. lol

5. Idah

Idah Junior Member

Achievements:
    Overall rotational information is definitely on point. I would like to mention that we don't really do 20 second pull timers, with a second warlock depending on how officers feel about it since it is only a few fights that affliction is used on could be considered but like I said that's up to the officers.

In regards to your talent choices that's where I do have some questions, though they could be answered by you are just set up for soloing.

1. Why are you running supremacy for affliction? Since the buff we recently got sacrifice is the better option it helps a fair amount with our drain souls for priority target damage, the only reason i see use for supremacy is if on a fight where constant unpredictable movement is needed.
    2. On both specs you are running sacrificial pact I haven't had a fight this tier that i've used it on ultimately because I like the full time added health because it gives me the ability to take a bigger hit more often, as well as just in the case of a healer having to make a decision of who to heal I have that added cushion to wait instead of them to possibly have to choose between one of two people to die.
    3. Why Dark regeneration for destruction?

Logs are also good no issues there but logs also change from guild to guild depending on comp and the quality of the players overall.

I would say you know what you are doing, Jeathe can do a death check if he wants..