Bhambhoo, Brewmaster Monk

Discussion in 'Archive' started by bhambhoo, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhambhoo

bhambhoo New Member

Achievements:
    Section 1: Character
    1. Character name: Bhambhoo
    2. Realm: Destromath
    3. Primary spec and class: Brewmaster Monk
    4. When did this character become your primary character?: 12:00:01 on MoP release
    5. Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/destromath/Bhambhoo/advanced
    6. Epeen Bot link: http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/destromath/bhambhoo/
    7. World of Logs parse link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/149238/

Section 2: Real Life
    1. Real first name: Marc
    2. Gender: Male
    3. Age: 41
    4. Country/State: California
    5. How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?: since day 4 after release
    6. Tell us a little bit about yourself: I am an infrastructure Architect for a Silicon Valley Storage company. I am married, no kids, while I make my living in a social environment, I ama closet nerd.
    7. Upcoming circumstances that can prevent you from raiding: I vacation twice a year out of town (usually out of Internet Range)

Section 3: Computer
    1. How old is your computer?: I ahve a 27" iMAC - , SSD drive
    2. Video card: TBH< OI dont know what iMAC uses... but I play at max setting in 25 man with 50+ fps
    3. Amount of memory: 16 GB RAM

Section 4: Short Response
    1. Why did you choose Last Word?: At first I was interested in your times, the fact you needed a tank, and some ranged, because I know some.. then when asked my age, to find that 40 was a better answer to 18, I jumped at the chance

2. Reason(s) for leaving your previous guild: Guild is breaking up, we tried for 10s, but that didnt hold it together.

3. What specs/classes have you raided as in the past?: Guardian Druid 90% of the time.. I had short spurts of ele shaman, rogue, feral druid, and resto druid. I have a lvl 90 Guardian, Blood DK, and Enhance Shaman

4. Favorite title you've earned on the character you're applying as: Brewmaster... duh

5. What was your most memorable moment in World of Warcraft so far?: First Kill of HM LK was US 214 25 Man kill.. It was the first serious progression guild I built and RL'd.. it was a proud moment because the team defied the server pundits who said it was too late to start a guild in WOTLK

6. What goals do you wish to achieve in World of Warcraft? Which goals have you already accomplished?: #1 Goal - Clear Content while current
    #2 Complete the Meta Achievement

#1 Condition - I have to like the guild culture
    #2 Condition - and in turn I need to feel like a valuable member to the guild. I don't want to be carried or a hinderance

The goals are continually refreshed.. im only 7/16 HM atm, so I am behind on this tier

7. Fill out the template. You may touch on Vanilla/Burning Crusade experience if you choose to do so: MISTS OF PANDARIA: Heroic Mogu’shan Vaults 5/6, Heroic Heart of Fear 5/6, Normal Terrace of Endless Spring 4/4 CATACLYSM: Heroic Dragon Soul 08/8, Heroic Firelands 7/7, Heroic Throne of the Four Winds 2/2, Heroic Bastion of Twilight 5/5, Heroic Blackwing Descent 5/5 WRATH OF THE LICH KING: Heroic Icecrown Citadel 12/12, Trial of the Grand Crusader 5/5, Hard Mode Ulduar 10/10 To be clear - HM Rag was done well into DS, HM Anub was also a late kill.. so were HM Ascendant Council and Sinestra in Vanilla, no one used Bear tanks until the 20 man content, and in BC cleared every while current until Muru, and then finished it after nerf

Section 5: Theorycrafting
    1. Explain your priority or rotation: Brewmaster Priority/Rotation

Use KegSmash/Jab/Expell harm to build Chi

Use Chi to maintain Shuffle via BoK, Use Guard and Purify Staggered Damage

Use Elusive brew at 4 to 6 stacks while tanking or store it to 15 for tank swaps, or incoming big damage spikes

Fill in with Tiger Palm for Armor pen, Power Guard, dps

2. Haste, Critical, or Mastery? Choose one and explain why: Haste, Haste and More Haste

Brewmasters need enough Chi to maintain 100% Shuffle and extra for Guard and PB. the only way to increase Chi is to increase energy generation, ergo haste

Haste also leads to more auto attacks, which leads to more auto attack crits and ergo more stacks of elusive brew

It also leads to more Gift of the Ox procs.

its just sucha good all a round stat until about 8k to 10k, at which point the balance may tip to crit, or mastery in 5.2 (increase mastery conversion, and free healing talents)

3. Is there anything questionable about your gear or reforging decisions? If so, explain here. Otherwise, leave blank: Tanks change up the set up depending on whats progression, I often switch out trinkets, shoulder enchant and more for more stan if needed

Section 6: Interface and Binds
    1. What do you have Q, E, A, S and D bound to?: Q: strafe left E: Strafe right A: (changes) S:Guard D: PB

2. Upload a screenshot of your user interface:

3. If your keybindings are not shown in the screenshot you provided in question 2, please show them here. Leave blank otherwise: I think I got the security working right for you to see the graphic.. i f not, let me know and I will update the link and store the image elsewhere

Section 7: Statistics
    1. How did you learn about us?: Wow forums
    2. Besides filling the application out, what did you least like about our application experience?: linking photos, although I required it for my own guild.
    3. Which LWlol.com webpage did you like most?: I like the front page and the "flash" like drop downs

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2013
  2. bhambhoo

bhambhoo New Member

Achievements:
  3. rent

rent Guild Master

Achievements:
    ah ill fix the image insertion soon

4. Waffles

Waffles Raider

Achievements:
    which Silicon Valley Storage company if you dont mind me asking?

5. bhambhoo

bhambhoo New Member

Achievements:
    I work for NetApp

6. Waffles

Waffles Raider

Achievements:
    How come your armory shows less heroic kill achievements than you have listed here?

Sorry if this is not related but you you might know a Ralph Hayden?

7. bhambhoo

bhambhoo New Member

Achievements:
    Ah, we'll I switched to monk on mop release, previously my main was bhambham , feral tank, also on destromath he has all cata and previous experience. Not much sense killing old content on my monk while there is still so much to so, and that achievements are unified.

I don't know Ralph

Doh, as I am only 2/6 hm on hog, my bad there....

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2013
  8. Abbador

Abbador Emeritus

Achievements:
    Hey thanks for your time, we have had a player come back to the game who was also a tank and has shown interest in raiding with us. For the moment we are going to go with him and make that investment.

Good luck in your search!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.