Denied Bár, Brewmaster Monk

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Logan, Jul 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Logan

Logan New Member

Achievements:
    Section 1: Character
    1. Character name: Bár
    2. Realm: Turalyon
    3. Primary spec and class: Brewmaster Monk
    4. Battle tag: Bartard#1230
    5. Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Bár/advanced
    6. Epeen Bot link: http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/stormrage/bár/
    7. Parse link: All of my logs were deleted by my previous guild on Stormrage.

Section 2: Real Life
    1. Real first name: Logan
    2. Gender: Male
    3. Age: 18
    4. Country/State: United States
    5. How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?: Don't remember exact date, but around halfway through Vanilla
    6. Tell us a little bit about yourself: I just graduated High School with a 4.5 cumulative GPA. Top 10 in my class and a tri-sport athlete. I am now looking to start to get back into gaming. I was forced to take a break because my grades started to drop, but now I am done with school, so there is no longer that issue. I've been playing video games for years and WoW is my favorite by far. I love to laugh and have a great time and love to make sure others have the same experience because in reality, games are for fun. However, I love the competitive aspect of games and love compete for different achievements, Server Firsts and just the ability to clear full heroics. I know how to take a joke and love to talk. I do as I'm told and will do anything for the betterment of a raid team or guild. Thanks for your time, have a good day.
    7. Upcoming circumstances that can prevent you from raiding: I leave for a two week vacation on 7/21, other than that there is nothing.

Section 3: Computer
    1. How old is your computer?: Year and a half
    2. Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    3. Amount of memory (RAM): 16.0 GB

Section 4: Short Response
    1. Why did you choose Last Word?: Was watching Jakbcastin and he was explaining the guild and how he loved it. It seems to be a good environment for people who are looking for a serious raiding scene and look to push content.

2. Reason(s) for leaving your previous guild: I recently came back from a break after clearing 14/14 Normal SoO and was removed because of this break.

3. What specs/classes have you raided as in the past?: Guardian/Feral/Balance Druid, Protection Paladin, Blood/Frost/Unholy Death Knight, Elemental/Restoration Shaman, Frost/Arcane Mage, Brewmaster/Windwalker Monk

4. Favorite title you've earned on the character you're applying to raid with: Ambassador/Brawler

5. What was your most memorable moment in World of Warcraft so far?: Competing for a Realm First Lich King kill on Cenarius. Also the rush when there is 5% left and your group is about to wipe but somehow pull out that last dps to kill the boss, amazing feeling, heart racing feeling.

6. What goals do you wish to achieve in World of Warcraft? Which goals have you already accomplished?: I am honestly just looking for a good time. I do not enjoy lore to much and love challenges. The experiences I had during WotLK and Cata are times I wish to bring back. Being able to compete for server 1st and being able to call yourself part of a guild that stands for something is an amazing feeling that I believe most people miss out on. I wish to bring back the spark in WoW that made me love the game and I believe this guild can do that for me.

7. Fill out the template. Include content you've cleared only while it was current: TIER 16: Heroic Siege of Orgrimmar 0/14 TIER 15: Heroic Throne of Thunder 2/13 TIER 14: Heroic Mogu’shan Vaults 0/6, Heroic Heart of Fear 0/6, Heroic Terrace of Endless Spring 0/4, Normal Mode 16/16, CATACLYSM: Heroic Dragon Soul 7/8, Heroic Firelands 7/7, Heroic Throne of the Four Winds 2/2, Heroic Bastion of Twilight 5/5, Heroic Blackwing Descent 6/6, WRATH OF THE LICH KING: Heroic Lich King 1/1, Tribute to Insanity N, FEATS OF STRENGTH: Garrosh and Lei Shen kills

Section 5: Theorycrafting
    1. Explain your priority or rotation: Use Expel Harm when you are below about 90% health or spam it when you are very low health. Otherwise use Jab to keep chi maintained. Use Keg Smash on CD if you have 2 chi spots available. Should keep up Shuffle constantly. Use Guard on CD, delay if you must if you expect a huge damage spike soon. Also, do not use Guard right way because it scales off of Attack Power, so the more vengeance you have, the larger the shield. Chi Wave on CD for the most part, unless you are expecting a damage spike soon in an encounter. Keep up Elusive Brew constantly (8 stacks or more, use it). Use Purifying Brew when your stagger gets to high, however you should limit the amount of times you use this ability. Stagger generates vengeance and you want as much of this as possible. You may use Fortifying Brew, Diffuse Magic, and Dampen Harm as you see fit, if you know a large damage spike is coming, use the ability before it so you use it effectively. Use Grapple Weapon on CD (many people over look Grapple Weapon, but it reduces the amount of damage you take by 5% and can be used effectively). Use Provoke when you need aggro from a different tank. Use roll when you need to move around an area quickly. Zen Meditation and Avert Harm can be used as group CDs and can save a group from death if managed correctly, Zen Meditation for major magic damage, and Avert Harm for any damage. That is all, thank you for your time.

2. Haste, Critical, or Mastery? Choose one and explain why: Critcal is by far the best stat for Brewmaster Monks. It not only allows us to hit harder, but it generates Elusive Brew and allows us not to be hit. It also allows for larger self heals and heals for the raid. Also helps with threat generation, if anyone ever has any issues with that.

3. Is there anything questionable about your gear or reforging decisions? If so, explain here. Otherwise, leave blank: I did go for haste after critical because I found I was having some energy regeneration issues for some reason. Mastery doesn't seem to be an issue because of the legendary cloak and I already have a lot of stagger.

Section 6: Interface and Binds
    1. What do you have Q, W, E, A, S and D bound to?: Q: Expel Harm W: Jab E: Tiger Palm A: Keg Smash S: Breath of Fire D: Chi Wave

2. Upload a screenshot of your user interface: Linked at the bottom of the application

3. If your keybindings are not shown in the screenshot you provided in question 2, please show them here. Leave blank otherwise: F1-F8 are markers for targets.

Section 7: Statistics
    1. How did you learn about us?: I was watching Jakbcastin and Funkii on Twitch and started to talk to Jak about the guild.
    2. Besides filling the application out, what did you least like about our application experience?: Parses, as I recently took a break and switched to a different server to play with a friend, my old guild removes parses so it doesn't become clustered.
    3. Which LWlol.com webpage did you like most?: Streams, love how you promote your raiders and allow others to enjoy in their experiences as much as they do.

Attached Files:

2. Canibehealz

Canibehealz Founder

Achievements:
    Closed and denied. Not currently recruiting a tank.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.