Accepted Arvida, Restoration Druid

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Arvida, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Arvida

Arvida Raider

Achievements:
    Section 1: Character
    1. Character name: Arvida
    2. Realm: Ner'Zhul
    3. Primary spec and class: Restoration Druid
    4. Battle tag: Casey#1832
    5. Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nerzhul/Arvida/advanced
    6. Warcraft Logs character ranking: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/946754/latest/#
    7. Parse link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/HP9vVpK7R1cDxM4Q#fight=10&type=healing

Section 2: Real Life
    1. Real first name: Casey
    2. Gender: Male
    3. Age: 20
    4. Country/State: Canada
    5. How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?: About 7-8 years
    6. Tell us a little bit about yourself: Hello I'm Casey I work at a pizza place as the manager, so I make my own schedule and everyone else's. I have working at the same place for 7 years so you know I'm consistent. I have been playing wow for a very long time, only in MoP did I get into raiding. I DPS'd the whole way through WoD until all of the healers up and left my current guild and I switched over to healing and found my new favourite thing in the game. Since I switched to healing I have been reading up and trying to make sure I understand everything I can about other healers and myself so that I can get the most out of my gameplay. I decided to app (again) now that I have A LOT more experience then before and I also heard there was a potential opening :)
    7. Upcoming circumstances that can prevent you from raiding: None

Section 3: Computer
    1. How old is your computer?: 2 years
    2. Video card: GTX 760
    3. Amount of memory (RAM): 8 Gigs

Section 4: Short Response
    1. Why did you choose Last Word?: I have been in the search for a perfect home for a while now, the raid times work great for me, I don't have to spend hundreds of dollars server hopping and faction changing,

2. Reason(s) for leaving your previous guild: I wasn't happy with the amount we raided or the level of progression. (mostly attributed to the amount we raided) I am looking for a guild who raids more and can progress better, and you have both of those.

3. What specs/classes have you raided as in the past?: Resto/Blance/Feral Druid
    Ret/Prot Paladin
    I'm very open to playing other classes and would like to try mage.

4. Favorite title you've earned on the character you're applying to raid with: I don't have a specific title that I've earned from boss kills were very current. So the only one I ever used was Starcaller (being balance and all its fitting)

5. What was your most memorable moment in World of Warcraft so far?: I'm very proud that on a 6 hour a week schedule in BRF I managed to get 9/10M, I think that's very tough and am satisfied that we accomplished that much but am very sad we didn't kill BH

6. What goals do you wish to achieve in World of Warcraft? Which goals have you already accomplished?: One of the goals I accomplished was to join a mythic raiding guild, starting out I was one of the worse players in HM but now I would say debatably the best player on that roster. Goals I wish to accomplish would be, I want cutting edge content, I'm thirsty to perform at a level that is needed and should be expected in order to kill said cutting edge bosses, I would like to be able to beat any competition that we have. I like to be the best at what I do.

7. Fill out the template. Include content you've cleared only while it was current: WARLORDS OF DRAENOR
    TIER 18:Mythic Hellfire Citadel 3/13
    TIER 17:Mythic Highmaul 6/7,Mythic Blackrock Foundry 9/10

MISTS OF PANDARIA
    Mythic Siege of Orgrimmar 14/14, Heroic Throne of Thunder 0/13,
    Heroic Mogu’shan Vaults 0/6,
    Heroic Heart of Fear 0/6,
    Heroic Terrace of Endless Spring 0/4

CATACLYSM[/b]
    Heroic Dragon Soul 0/8,
    Heroic Firelands 0/7,
    Heroic Throne of the Four Winds 0/2,
    Heroic Bastion of Twilight 0/5,
    Heroic Blackwing Descent 0/6

WRATH OF THE LICH KING
    Heroic Lich King 0/1, Tribute to Insanity: No

FEATS OF STRENGTH
    Ahead of the Curve: Archimonde, Black Hand, Imperator, Will of the Emperor

Section 5: Theorycrafting
    1. Explain your priority or rotation: First and foremost I need to keep up Harmony, after that it depends on the trinkets and the fight. With the class trinket I can be free to rejuv and LB targets in highly populated areas so I can get the most out of encounters where stacking is needed, on fights when I don't use the class trinket, Wild Growth becomes much more viable and needed as I will have more mana to spend and wont be hitting as many people with my hots.
    I have a WA to tell watch my harmony buff, mushoom, and both lifebloom durations to make sure I get max value out of my 2/4 Set, I only recently got the xhul trinket but i my current raiding environment I'm not sure if I would be able to use it as I need to do most or the bulk of the healing so I have not gotten a chance to use it or test it in any way.

2. Versatility, Multistrike, Haste, Critical, OR Mastery? Choose one and explain why: Haste, it works wonders with the amount of hots I toss out, simply does the most work out of any stat mainly because of the 2/4P, if this was still BRF and every fight had 3 absorb healers I could argue mastery but with the amount of damage and need for hots haste is simply the best.

3. Is there anything questionable about your gear, gem or enchant decisions? If so, explain here. Otherwise, leave blank: I also have a spirit ring in my bags, I just don't need the extra mana on the fights we are working on so I chose to go with more crit/haste

Section 6: Interface and Binds
    1. What do you have Q, W, E, A, S and D bound to?: Q:Strafe Left
    W:Walk Forward
    E:Strafe Right
    A:Turn Left
    S:Walk Backwards
    D:Turn Right
    (Been meaning to rebind these but haven't found a real need yet)

2. Upload a screenshot of your user interface: http://imgur.com/7q21B5E

3. If your keybindings are not shown in the screenshot you provided in question 2, please show them here. Leave blank otherwise:

Section 7: Statistics
    1. How did you learn about us?: You're a guild on my server and I have been friends and raided with some of the current and old roster, I was recommended here by everyone I talked to about it.
    2. Besides filling the application out, what did you least like about our application experience?: The past progression section, I didn't really understand what all the [i/:] was for, so I got rid of it.
    3. Which LWlol.com webpage did you like most?: The front page looks really nice, although it should have your most recent kills and not dead eye :)

Attached Files:

2. Givemeahug

Givemeahug Raider

Achievements:
    Parses look nice, Chia and Jeathe did you play with him in SL? Lets hear the dirt, and the death check :)

3. Chia

Chia Raider

Achievements:
    Jeathe and I did raid with him on SL. He is easily one of their best players. Above average raid awareness, even through calling healing CDs (he's SL's healing officer), and consistently topping healing meters even with two absorb healers in the raid (granted he has quite a bit of gear over the other healers). He's thirsty af to prove himself, and I think that's the right attitude for LW.

Arvida also plays the role of swing dps from time to time and plays a very decent boomie, probably a handy asset for our current roster.

Honestly I see no reason to not trial him on farm content to see how he does.

4. Canibehealz

Canibehealz Founder

Achievements:
    Every conversation I've ever had with him was him wanting to learn more and push harder to help SL. WHERES THE DEATH TEST!?

5. Unholysin

Unholysin Guild Social

Achievements:
    I lol'd

Canibehealz likes this.