Accepted Archangelon, Arcane/Frost

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Archangel, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Archangel

Archangel Raider

Achievements:
    Section 1: Character
    1. Character name: Archangelon
    2. Realm: Dragonmaw
    3. Primary spec and class: Arcane/Frost
    4. Battle tag: Archangelos#1254
    5. Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nerzhul/Archangelon/simple
    6. Warcraft Logs character rankings: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/9357277/latest/#boss=0
    7. Parse link: please be lenient with mythic parses (were progression; avoiding doom nova cleave on assault and 2 phase reaver)

Section 2: Real Life
    1. Real first name: Nick
    2. Gender: Male
    3. Age: 28
    4. Country/State: USA
    5. How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?: Total 5-6yrs. On and off since Vanilla
    6. Tell us a little bit about yourself: Work from 8-5 pst. Work out, eat, hobbies, play video games.
    7. Upcoming circumstances that can prevent you from raiding: My nights are free on raid days, except for Fridays.

Section 3: Computer
    1. How old is your computer?: processor and motherboard is 2 yrs. Gfx is 6 months. HD is SSD
    2. Video card: GTX 970
    3. Amount of memory (RAM): 16gb

Section 4: Short Response
    1. Why did you choose Last Word?: Made a post on forums, and heard from Sins immediately. Asked to talk in mumble, and we had a good talk for about 30 min. Looked over logs and discussed a few specifics. I liked what I heard about the team, so now I'm hoping for the best. I came back to the question after filling out the rest of the app to say that after having the the app, I really like what I see here. The questions are thorough and gives me a better sense of how you guys think and operate. So I've tried to fill them out the best that I can, but also want to say I can answer any other questions you guys might have.

I'm looking for a guild to call home and continue to push content. I enjoy most the process of coming to the raid prepared, theory crafting, discussing strats, and figuring out ways to min/max across classes. I'm a details orientated type of player, but I know how to get the job done.

2. Reason(s) for leaving your previous guild: My current guild won't be continuing mythic progression this tier; school, job promotions, etc. I got the ok from my GM to start looking for another guild. I was an an officer and a raid lead for much of BRF (M), HFC (H) and HFC (M) progression; we went 8/10 last tier and currently 2/13. I was responsible for planning for the raid and doing call outs for mechanics. I need to stay til tomorrow because what's left of the officers are going to make some final announcements about the state of the guild before people part ways.

3. What specs/classes have you raided as in the past?: Resto Shaman (vanilla). Surv hunter (WotLK). Ret pally (WoD), Ele sham (WoD)

4. Favorite title you've earned on the character you're applying to raid with: No Title

5. What was your most memorable moment in World of Warcraft so far?: BWL Nefarian progression/kill.

Worst but memorable = C'thun

6. What goals do you wish to achieve in World of Warcraft? Which goals have you already accomplished?: Always feeling like there's something to improve on as a mage; flawless execution while doing mechanics. I've accomplished preparing for and leading successful raids at Mythic level, but still have room for improvement. Still looking to build a solid and reliable team. I try to keep my goals immediate, from boss to boss, such as how to prepare for the next encounter. How to break it down and find the best ways at dealing with mechanics with the toolkits everyone has. Every tier, the dream is to be realm first, top 300, top 100 etc. I don't think anyone at Mythic level plays for anything but the dream of achievement, and I'm at the point where I feel like this is what I'm looking for.

7. Fill out the template. Include content you've cleared only while it was current: WARLORDS OF DRAENOR
    TIER 18
    : Mythic Hellfire Citadel 2/13
    TIER 17: Mythic Highmaul 5/6, Mythic Blackrock Foundry 8/10

MISTS OF PANDARIA
    Mythic Siege of Orgrimmar 0/14, Heroic Throne of Thunder 0/13, Heroic Mogu’shan Vaults 0/6, Heroic Heart of Fear 0/6, Heroic Terrace of Endless Spring 0/4
    (Didn't play Mop)

CATACLYSM
    Heroic Dragon Soul 0/8, Heroic Firelands 0/7, Heroic Throne of the Four Winds 0/2, Heroic Bastion of Twilight 0/5, Heroic Blackwing Descent 0/6
    (Didn't play Cat)

WRATH OF THE LICH KING
    Heroic Lich King 0/1, Tribute to Insanity: Yes/No
    (Guild broke up before ICC)

FEATS OF STRENGTH
    AoTC BH (3/19/15) AoTC Arch (7/28/15)

Section 5: Theorycrafting
    1. Explain your priority or rotation: Arcane (PC/UM): [Opener/PC] pot at 3, precast Arcane Blast. cast 1 arcane blast. Drop PC/AP at 2 Arcane Charges (there has been a lot of discussion on mage forums about which opener is best to bait the first doom nova proc. I choose this way) Continue AB on Crystal. If doom nova procs on crystal, rotation as normal (AB to 70% dump missiles, then continue AB; dump missiles at 3 to avoid munching), but aggressive with missiles when Doom Nova is up. If doom nova procs/cleaves onto boss before or during PC, switch to boss to dump missiles aggressively, and weave AB onto PC. With class trink, burn deep, then Evo.
    [Standard] AB if > 88-90%, missiles until 98-100. repeat. If nova procs then agressive missiles.
    Arcane (SN or UM/AO): AP on cd. Aggressive missiles on Doom Nova. Barrage if < 87% + no missiles. AO to full Arcane Charges. etc.
    Frost: [Opener] pot at 3. pre-cast Frostbolt/Water Jet at 2. FB til 4 FFoF. (If doom nova procs Icy Veins + comet storm) Weave til WJ is over. if 2+ targets Frost Orb and dump Ice Lances (time with WJ cd). Do not delay WJ.
    [Standard] rinse repeat.

2. Versatility, Multistrike, Haste, Critical, OR Mastery? Choose one and explain why: Arcane: Haste to 3100 --> Mastery = Multi. Pretty any mage who's researching has seen the breakpoint discussions about haste affecting doom nova and pet swing timers. Ideally you want 3100 haste, but depends on which gear you get at the time relative to other pieces. sometimes higher i lvl for pure int + mastery stat is better than holding onto haste piece 15 i level lower. You get more % per haste than mastery, and because haste increases mana regen, mastery can be sacrificed. Haste also allows arcane to play aggresively with doom nova and during conserve rotation (can AB more often...im going down to 85, sometimes 82 if i choose to AB again at 88 when I need to gamble for missiles)

Frost: Multistrike, you get the most from multistrike per point, but frost also needs to hit a 26% crit soft cap (which is only achievable with mythic BiS).

3. Is there anything you think we may question about your gear, gem or enchant decisions? If so, explain here. Otherwise, leave blank: Two pieces may not be optimal, I'm still trying to tinker, but I have most of what I need out of heroic. any change is marginal at this point, and performance because of gear is outweighed by RNG and mechanics.

Section 6: Interface and Binds
    1. What do you have Q, W, E, A, S and D bound to?: [Arcane] Q: AP/PC
    W:forward
    E: Barrage
    A:Strafe left
    S: Back
    D: Strafe Right
    F: SN(when specced)
    V: AO (when speced)
    B: Blink

[Frost]
    Q: IV/PC (when specced)
    W:forward
    E: Ice Lance
    A:Strafe left
    S: Back
    D: Strafe Right

2. Upload a screenshot of your user interface: Weak Auras and Dbm timers are all around. Raid frames are above chatbox on left.

3. If your keybindings are not shown in the screenshot you provided in question 2, please show them here. Leave blank otherwise:

Section 7: Statistics
    1. How did you learn about us?: I've talked to sins for a lil bit to get a better sense of the guild. From the questions I've asked it sounds like the group is very tight knit, and looking at logs everyone is solid. I'd have my work cut out for me if I were to be considered to trial, which is positive for me. I'm looking to see how I can fit in and be a contributing factor.
    2. Besides filling the application out, what did you least like about our application experience?: No complaints. most of it is standard.
    3. Which LWlol.com webpage did you like most?: the stream page

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  2. earthwormjim

earthwormjim Not GM

Achievements:
    App looks good, and you talked to sin already in Mumble. How soon could you transfer over?

Do you have any friends in your guild that would like to join? We have openings for any non hunter ranged.

3. Givemeahug

Givemeahug Raider

Achievements:
    Spec looks good, theory crafting looks good, gear choices look good, parses look pretty good especially if raid leading while trying to maintain a rotation. We need that patented Jeathe Death check.

4. Jeathe

Jeathe Raider

Achievements:
    Actually want the death check? I'll do it unless people are pretty set on taking him and there's no point for the work.

Whats lust bound to? We're looking for a lusty mage.

And I hope mage buff is keybound for rapid response otherwise you'll face Cani's wrath.

5. Canibehealz

Canibehealz Founder

Achievements:
  6. Canibehealz

Canibehealz Founder

Achievements:
    ok its been 8 seconds since my last post, where the fuck is my crit buff?

7. Givemeahug

Givemeahug Raider

Achievements:
    PLEASE DONT HIT ME AGAIN :(

8. Jeathe

Jeathe Raider

Achievements:
    Ironically when he derpy died on Gorefiend last night, no one buffed might for him. There were at least a few seconds where he didn't have a replacement shaman/boomkin mastery buff because they were all gone.

9. Canibehealz

Canibehealz Founder

Achievements:
    Hey at least I don't expect buffs during an Evo. :) Maybe I just get stats so fast because healers can buff it.

10. Waffles

Waffles Raider

Achievements:
    Are we really considering taking a male bloodelf??? Only certain kinds of people play male blood elves

Jeathe and Canibehealz like this.
  11. Dan

Dan Founder

Achievements:
    Well we did take a male tauren hunter, just as bad.

landorus and Canibehealz like this.
  12. Givemeahug

Givemeahug Raider

Achievements:
    Yeah you dont expect it during an evo but you do expect it when im, Running out a doomwell and across the world, or in the middle of a PC burst phase, or under killing shadow constructs, or kiting a add moving at lightspeed. I JUST CANT HANDLE IT CANI PLEASE.

Jeathe and Canibehealz like this.
  13. Chachi

Chachi Raider

Achievements:
    i like this guy better than hugs already

Canibehealz likes this.