Airiy, Resto Shaman - Denied

Discussion in 'Archive' started by adare, Jul 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adare

adare New Member

Achievements:
    Section 1
    Character

Here we want to see information pertaining to the character you are applying on.

1. Character name: Airiy
    2. Realm: Blackrock
    3. Class: Shaman
    4. Primary spec: Resto
    5. When did this character become your primary character?: Mostly since Ulduar when I had to reroll it.
    6. Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... riy/simple
    7. World of Logs parse link (Tanks excluded): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/t7xpsygcc00yvqc4/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/twckficrj78d7y3s/

The first one I believe I healed the entire time. Toward the end I'll admit I was making some mistakes, but they're weren't due to not knowing the fight or general noob-ness, was mainly that it was getting late and everyone was kinda starting to get sluggish. 2nd one was only a 5/8 H run and I was Ele for Warlord and Ultraxion.

Section 2
    Real Life

As a communal guild, we would like to know a little about you.

1. Real first name: Aly
    2. Gender: Female
    3. Age: 23
    4. Country/State: Seattle, Wa (US)
    5. How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?: Since about 3 months after Vanilla was released.
    6. Tell us a little bit about yourself: I work for Verizon and am an avid lover of trees.
    7. Upcoming circumstances that can prevent you from raiding (7:15pm to 10:30pm Pacific Time Monday through Thursday): None, I work in the mornings exclusively.

Section 3
    Computer

We just want to know a little about your computer's stability.

1. How old is your computer?: 4 years I believe
    2. Video card: Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT
    3. Amount of memory: 6GB

Section 4
    Short Response

We want to see complete answers to the following questions.

1. Why did you choose Last Word?: I've been looking around for a guild to move to in preparation for MoP. I've done the whole crazy hardcore top 20, even top 10 US thing and I'm not there anymore. When I was reading through your guild info you guys seemed stable and like a good place to go.
    2. Reason(s) for leaving your previous guild: List any previous guilds you raided with and your reason for leaving.
    The last guild I raided with was Vindictive of Blackrock. I joined this guild a few months ago after taking about a 4 month break from WoW. I essentially had skipped all of Firelands (only pulled Beth'tilac on PTR with Supermassive) and when I came back I was behind in gear. The weekend I came back was the weekend before DS was released. They wanted to do 25 mans, so I joined.

Before that I was in Supermassive. Raided there for quite a bit but ended up quitting WoW completely when I got a new job and moved in to a new apartment. That was when I skipped Firelands and the first day I came back to WoW after that was the Saturday before DS was released.

I've been playing this game at a pretty high level for a long time and I've been in various at least Top 50 ranked guilds, but since they are dating back to BC there's a few too many to all type out. Feel free to ask if you'd like more. The guild I'm tagged in right now is just a friends guild. All I do is 7/8 H pugs every week right now.
    3. Do you know anyone in Last Word who will vouch for you as a player?: No, I don't know anyone.
    4. What other specs/classes have you raided as in the past?: I play both Resto and Ele at a decent level. but Resto is my main spec. Up until right before FIrelands when I took my basically entire tier of a break I was playing both, parsing as both and generally doing well. I would switch back and forth depending on the week/fight and what we were doing. Even ended up doing some earlier pulls on Cho'gal/Sinestra as Ele when my technically "main" spec has been Resto. Only thing that really keeps me down about Ele right now is not having a staff.
    5. Your favorite character title: Herald of the Titans
    6. What was your most memorable moment in World of Warcraft? Please be brief: Killing Eredar Twins before Elitist Jerks and Aurora,
    7. Fill out the template below:

Cataclysm: Heroic Dragon Soul 7/8, Heroic Firelands 6/7, Heroic Throne of the Four Winds 2/2, Heroic Bastion of Twilight 5/5, Heroic Blackwing Descent 5/5

Wrath of the Lich King: Heroic Icecrown Citadel 12/12, Trial of the Grand Crusader 5/5, Hard Mode Ulduar 10/10

The Burning Crusade: Sunwell 4/6, Black Temple 9/9

Section 5
    Theorycrafting

Here you will prove that you know how to play!

1. Explain your priority or rotation: Riptide and Ancestral Fortitude on as many targets as possible. Keeping Healing Rain down as frequently as possible in situations of high AoE damange.
    2. Which rating is most important to you: Haste, Expertise, Critical, or Mastery? Why?: Haste until soft cap then Mastery.
    3. Is there anything questionable about your gear or reforging decisions? If so, explain here. Otherwise, leave blank: I think I have one Reckless gem in my Resto set which was not intended. I'm going to be changing it, just haven't had the chance to. I put it in there because it was already cut in my bags.

Section 6
    User Interface and Keybinds

Here you will be showing us your user interface and keybinds!

1. What do you have A, D, Q and E bound to?: A - Left Turn, D Backstep, Q - Strafe Right and E - Strafe left (Yep I'm one of those weird ones that has all the default turns set up. No, I don't keyboard turn)
    2. Upload a screenshot of your user interface: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/19 ... 04614.jpg/
    3. If your keybindings are not shown in the screenshot you provided in question 2, please show them here: Everything should pretty much be shown.

Section 7
    Statistics

This section is for our data collection purposes.

1. How did you learn about us?: WoWProgress
    2. What did you think of our application experience?: Pretty standard!
    3. Did the example application help you?: Nah, not really. But I generally pride myself on having good applications. >.>

2. juicy

juicy Junior Member

Achievements:
    Re: Airiy, Resto Shaman

hmm i remember playing LoL with you and aidey. word

3. Canibehealz

Canibehealz Founder

Achievements:

Just a note; your screencap isn't linked correctly.

4. Cptpoot

Cptpoot Founder

Achievements:

We may be closing recruitment soon. We just picked up 4 or 5 new players, including a resto shaman.

We have 3 raiding resto shaman at this point.

Any plans to reroll monk (any spec?)

5. adare

adare New Member

Achievements:

I've been considering rerolling in general to be honest, but I'm not picky. If I did monk I know I would end up being a healer, but I'm not sure how many slots/what the comp will end up being after MoP hits. I was actually considering rerolling a Mage as well. I'm pretty open to playing whatever though, it doesn't take me too long to catch on.

6. Cptpoot

Cptpoot Founder

Achievements:

Ok well like I said we have like 30 people on our raiding roster at this point so we gotta weigh our assets and have someone look over your logs. We should have some questions for you or something soon.

7. adare

adare New Member

Achievements:

No worries, I get then when you're full there's not much else you can do. :) Feel free to add me on realID too if any of you want to chit chat or ask questions. I should be around today at the least.

8. jacey

jacey Junior Member

Achievements:

thanks for your application airiy, but for now we just don't have any room. wouldn't want you to come over and have to just sit around. good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.